Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello everyone!

catmom

Hi everyone. I’m a 24 year old female, living in California. I’m not sure how this works but I’ve been really needing support and having trouble reaching out to people in my life. It’s been 3 years and I don’t think I ever processed what happened. Only 4 people know what happened and though they try to be supportive, they just don’t always know what to say. I’m working with a therapist now, but my boyfriend is lost and unsure of how to help. My parents don’t know and I don’t think I want to tell them. My friends live in other states and I feel too anxious to reach out to acquaintances/ colleagues for support with this. I’m happy to have found a supportive place and look forward to getting to know you all :)

Edited by catmom

Hi @catmom and welcome to AS. Im sorry for the trauma that has you here and for the lack of/ little support in your life. You have found a very safe and supportive site here, full of caring people. I came here to AS a few years ago unsure and afraid think it was the best thing I did for myself, we are glad to have you with us. Please keep in mind your in control of how little or how much you share go at a pace that works for you. Lots of people here have some great advise on support and healing. Your brave strong and courageous it shows in your joining our site and putting this first post up, I know you can heal.

BraveOne

PS

I spent many summers in San Francisco growing up I love California.

8 hours ago, catmom said:

Hi everyone. I’m a 24 year old female, living in California. I’m not sure how this works but I’ve been really needing support and having trouble reaching out to people in my life. It’s been 3 years and I don’t think I ever processed what happened. Only 4 people know what happened and though they try to be supportive, they just don’t always know what to say. I’m working with a therapist now, but my boyfriend is lost and unsure of how to help. My parents don’t know and I don’t think I want to tell them. My friends live in other states and I feel too anxious to reach out to acquaintances/ colleagues for support with this. I’m happy to have found a supportive place and look forward to getting to know you all :)

Hi catmom,

From one cat mom to another, welcome! :)  I am very sorry for what you went thru 3 years ago and the struggles that you still face. You will find much support here tho, with many understanding and kind members. It is hard to have supportive people in your life, yet they really don't know what to say or how to help. I am glad you decided to reach out here, it is a big step to take. I wish you many more forward steps as you walk down this path of healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

Dear @catmom,

I'm sorry you have a reason to be here, but you have come to a good place.  We have many people here who can relate to your story, especially what you wrote about not being sure who to tell, etc.  Many of us have gone through that.  I can assure you are in a safe place here.  Take your time looking around the site, getting to know some of the people here, and posting as you are comfortable.

Wishing you the best in healing,

Gold Raindrops