Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Welp here goes nothing... Hello!

Cam♂

Hello,  this is my first time really reaching out to other people like me or people who have gone through what I have. Ill try to keep my introduction short and leave my full story for the other forum. I'm Cam and I am a 17 year old male living in the North East part of Alabama. It happened to me around 4 years ago,  and since then i have only been comfortable telling one person (untill now)  that is my gf who has been really supportive and helpful to me. She suggested the other day that I might feel a little better by reaching out and talking to other survivors and friends of survivors. Maybe I will also be able to help other people who want to talk as well.  So here I am!  Thank you again for your time.  🙂

Hi Cam,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for what you went thru 4 years ago, but you have found a very supportive site. Our members are understanding and kind. It's not easy to reach out, but do know you are accepted and validated here. I am glad you have the support of your gf and she suggested reaching out to us. You are not alone. Take your time and look around. I wish you the best on your journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

Hi @Cam♂ welcome to AS. I am sorry to hear of the trauma you endured 4 years. Your gurl friend is right talking to others is helpful and it helps to support others as well. Have you sought out any professional help like a therapist, I know its hard to think about doing but worth it too. Well take your time or jump right in around the forums but remember its up to you how fast or slow you go were all pretty supportive kind and caring. Welcome again and look forward to seeing you grow.

BraveOne

No I have not sought help from a professional yet...  But I plan on talking to one after I graduate so I won't have to worry about having to tell my dad yet. He has kind of always had strong negative views about LGBTQ and I'm afraid he would just try to hide this so that It doesn't make him or me look bad,  in his eyes. And thank you all for such a warm welcome!  I think I'm going to post my full or close to full story on the other forum that I noticed earlier. 

Dear Cam,

Welcome to After Silence, though I am so sorry for the trauma that brought you here.  You will find a whole community of kind and understanding people here.  It was brave of you to reach out to us. 

Gold Raindrops

Hello Cam, and welcome to After Silence.  I'm so sorry for the circumstances under which you've arrived but I am hopeful that being surrounded by those who understand will be a very helpful first step toward healing.

Best wishes,
Capulet