Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

I spent 26 years minimizing or even denying it happened.  Then, just over a year ago, I suddenly couldn't get it out of my mind.  I had already been working with a therapist on anxiety and pain-from-unknown-origin issues for two years with some success.  I finally told her about it and she was terrific.  She's been helping me process through it ever since.  I'm healing.  As my handle suggests, it feels like it's going to take a lifetime to fully heal, but, more importantly, I am healing to live.  I'm healing for a better, more fuller life.  I also know that I am at a point in my healing that I can help others even though I still need help myself.  I now know that there is life after silence and I appreciate the opportunity to join this group so we can heal together.

Hello, @Healing4Life! Welcome to AS! I am so sorry for what brought you here, but am glad you have found us. I like your username & the meaning behind it. :) I am glad that you have a T and that she has been helpful in processing all of this. It is great that she responded so well when you told her. That helps so much! Take as much time as you need feel to feel comfortable. I look forward to getting to know you. 

HiddenHeart

Hi Healing4Life,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you've endured and the struggles you have faced. I was much like you, when I found AS. I had gone a little longer denying tho, I was at 33 years. Unfortunately, as we both know, denying does not mean it did not happen. For me, I just understood why for so long I had these struggles. I am happy you have a T that has been helping you as you face certain things. I'm glad she is terrific. I do wish you the best in this journey we take called healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

Dear @Healing4Life

Welcome to After Silence, though I'm sorry for the painful experiences that brought you here.  I am like you - I had not fully dealt with my experience and found that it kept popping up and catching me off guard, causing lots of pain.  

You have come to a kind and understanding community; we're all here to help and support each other.  

Gold Raindrops

20 hours ago, Healing4Life said:

I spent 26 years minimizing or even denying it happened.  Then, just over a year ago, I suddenly couldn't get it out of my mind.  I had already been working with a therapist on anxiety and pain-from-unknown-origin issues for two years with some success.  I finally told her about it and she was terrific.  She's been helping me process through it ever since.  I'm healing.  As my handle suggests, it feels like it's going to take a lifetime to fully heal, but, more importantly, I am healing to live.  I'm healing for a better, more fuller life.  I also know that I am at a point in my healing that I can help others even though I still need help myself.  I now know that there is life after silence and I appreciate the opportunity to join this group so we can heal together.

Welcome to AS. Its was so encourageing to see your post here in the welcome forum. I am excited to see your healing journey here. This is a safe place for express yourself as others have said and a good place to start theCan't wait to see how far you go

BraveOne

Hi there, @Healing4Life - welcome to After Silence!!

I, too, spent many years in denial before choosing to heal.  I've learned that it matters none how much time has elapsed - when you're ready, you'll know it.

You are truly in a good place to take these first steps, in addition to your therapy.  The folks here are amazing and I am sure you will shine as both a survivor as well as a support!!! :)  Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. I look forward to getting to know you through your posts.

Best wishes, and again - welcome!!
Capulet