Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New here

kerrij91

1 hour ago, kerrij91 said:

Hi, im new here just trying to find some support by people that understand. as im feeling very alone at the moment

Hello, and welcome to AS!

I'm sorry for the trauma that brings you here, but glad you have found our supportive community. I felt a lot less alone after finding my way around here and meeting others who could understand, and I hope that you will too!

I wish you the best as you continue to heal,

:notalone:

Welcome @kerrij91! I am sorry about what brings you here to AS. You are not alone and have found a supportive, caring and understanding community here.

7 hours ago, kerrij91 said:

Hi, im new here just trying to find some support by people that understand. as im feeling very alone at the moment

Hi kerrij,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for the trauma you've endured and the struggles you are facing. You have found a very supportive site with many understanding and kind members.  It is very hard when you feel alone with it, but I've found interacting with others who have been thru similar things very helpful. You are not alone anymore. I wish you the very best on this journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone:  

10 hours ago, kerrij91 said:

Welcome to AS! Though I am sorry you have reason to be here, I am glad youve come. Your really aren't alone, I know it feels like that though. You have found a safe place to talk about it and get some support. Can't wait to see you around the forums here!

BraveOne

Welcome to After Silence, you've found a supportive and understanding community. Take your time looking around and reading others' posts. You might find there are stories and posts you can relate to and vice versa. You are not alone.

On 12/10/2018 at 10:19 AM, kerrij91 said:

Hi kerrij91,

I am also new here and feeling alone.  If you ever want to talk.  Message me!

On 12/10/2018 at 5:20 PM, Sheillla said:

And new 

Dear Sheillla,

I saw your message within kerrij91's and wanted to welcome you to After Silence, also.  I wish you well on your healing journey.  

Gold Raindrops :)

On 12/10/2018 at 5:19 AM, kerrij91 said:

I am happy you found us - you will find a safe, caring and supportive community of survivors here.  

I wish you well on your healing journey.

Gold Raindrops

@Holmester hello and welcome to After Silence (AS). I am sorry about what happened that has brought you here to us. I am very happy that you are here. Take your time to look around and get comfortable here. When you feel ready to share please know that you have found a caring and supportive community. I have found that having this community where I can freely share has made a big difference for me to not feel so alone. And there's always someone that is further along in their healing journey to offer compassion and empathy. Wishing you lots of courage in your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu:

Take good care,

AKB

I am new(ish) - not sure when I become "not new!". I am finding my way around the site and there is a lot of support here. It has taken me a while to get to grips with things and read through stuff, but the more I do the more I realise how helpful this forum is (will be). One thing I notice is that some people say "my stuff isn't as bad as other peoples". I think everyone's is different but equally bad, because it is THEIR experience and you can't compare it to anyone else. It may not SEEM as bad as other people, but it is bad to you or you wouldn't be here. Don't underestimate the trauma you have been through. I think that we (as a group) probably underestimate our own trauma because it doesn't seem as bad. Sorry, I am going off tangent here. Thing is - there is lots of ways we can have been hurt, and have been, and all our stories are different, but just as significant.

I am very glad to have found this site and and glad I am growing in confidence to use it. My first post was a bit OTT, all guns blazing, and it got moved (too much info). 

You will be glad you found the site too and will find buckets of support.

xx

On 12/13/2018 at 4:38 PM, Pawsey said:

I am new(ish) - not sure when I become "not new!". I am finding my way around the site and there is a lot of support here. It has taken me a while to get to grips with things and read through stuff, but the more I do the more I realise how helpful this forum is (will be). One thing I notice is that some people say "my stuff isn't as bad as other peoples". I think everyone's is different but equally bad, because it is THEIR experience and you can't compare it to anyone else. It may not SEEM as bad as other people, but it is bad to you or you wouldn't be here. Don't underestimate the trauma you have been through. I think that we (as a group) probably underestimate our own trauma because it doesn't seem as bad. Sorry, I am going off tangent here. Thing is - there is lots of ways we can have been hurt, and have been, and all our stories are different, but just as significant.

I am very glad to have found this site and and glad I am growing in confidence to use it. My first post was a bit OTT, all guns blazing, and it got moved (too much info). 

You will be glad you found the site too and will find buckets of support.

xx

im still trying to get to grips with thnigs , im not sure im ready to share my story but am glad i have found this forum everyone seems so nice plus reading others story's has shown me im not alone. i seen your other post i am from the uk also. xx