Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I’m new here

I’ve been struggling with things for awhile and I knew I needed to make a change, so here I am. I’m 20 years old from Washington state, and I was referred here by someone who said that this was a healthy place to open up. 

Dear @victoria_k,

It was brave of you to reach out to us.  This is indeed a safe and healthy place to open up.  Take your time looking through the posts and information we have available here and feel free to go about your healing process in whatever way makes you comfortable.  You will find many kind and supportive people who are here to help you on your healing journey.

Sending positive thoughts and comfort your way,

Gold Raindrops 

Welcome to AS @victoria_k. Your friend was right it is a healthy place to open up, its a safe place full of supportive loving and caring people. It was brave of you to join here and took a lot of courage to put up your first post, want to point out how strong you are. I am sorry for the trauma that brought you here, but I know you can make it to healing.

BraveOne

@Alonealways welcome to After Silence (AS). I am sorry what has brought you here. You will find a supportive community here. Take your time to look around and responding to posts like this can be a support for others. We are glad you found us and look forward to engaging with you here. You are not alone here.

19 hours ago, victoria_k said:

I’ve been struggling with things for awhile and I knew I needed to make a change, so here I am. I’m 20 years old from Washington state, and I was referred here by someone who said that this was a healthy place to open up. 

Hi Victoria,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry that you experienced trauma, but you will find tons of support here. Our members are very kind and understanding. I'm glad someone referred you to this site and they are correct...it is a very healthy place to open up. You are validated and will find no pressure. Take your time and look around. I wish you the best on this journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

11 hours ago, Alonealways said:

I am new to this 

Hi Alonealways,

A warm welcome to you too! I'm sorry for you reason for being here, but you are not alone. It takes courage to reach out and is a big step. Take your time looking around and when you are comfortable, jump right in. We are here for you. I wish you the best on this healing journey.

Mary

:notalone: 

@Melissa4 hello and welcome to After Silence (AS). I am sorry for what has brought you here. Take some time to look around and find your way around here. I hope that you will find a supportive, caring community as I have here. I am so happy that you are ready to be able to not remain silent anymore. I wish you lots of courage as you start on your healing journey. We will be here for you. :bighug: