Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Another newbie

Welcome @Curious_george, it takes a great deal of courage to disclose and to join an online community to reach out for support. It's understanding to be feeling vulnerable, it's not easy to speak about something you've held onto for so long.

This is a supportive, understanding and non judgemental community. Take your time looking around and post when you feel comfortable and safe. 

Hi, @Curious_george. Quite a few of us didn’t say anything to anyone for many years after. I have found AS to be a very supportive place ... & it was helpful to me to read what others had posted and realize I was not as alone as I felt. Take your time to feel comfortable here. Feel free to read or post as you wish to. No one here will rush you. 

Hello @Curious_george -

Good for you for joining us here - after 15 years of silence, I am glad to see you are now exploring ways to make yourself heard!  Your voice is important!  You are definitely not alone here, this is a community filled to the brim with loving, understanding, kind and supportive members and I'm hopeful that your being here, coupled with your off-line therapy work will bring forth peace, calm and eventual healing!

Welcome to After Silence. :)

Best wishes,
Capulet

Welcome @Curious_george to AS. I'm so sorry that the trauma you endured 15 years ago is So freash in your mind today. Your not alone, I can remember how I felt when I finally opened up to my T about it qnd how messed up I felt over it. You however did come to a great place to work through it, full of safe supportive people who actually care. I know from expierence how much that hurts and would recomend a lot of gental self care and taking all the time you need to reflex. Take your time looking around jump right if that what feels best to you. Your free to be you here. Big safe warm and gental hugs to you if they are ok.

BraveOne

Hi @Curious_george and welcome to AS. As others have said we are happy to have you join our community of survivors however I am sorry for what has brought you here. Many of us understand about not talking about things that have happened years ago. For me it was a 20 year anniversary last January that spurred me to get back into therapy and find this supportive community. As you start to find your way here feel free to reach out to any of us should you need a helping hand. I wish you lots of courage and healing as you embark on this healing journey.