Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Thanks! Hi I’m new to the site but not new to this

2Siamese

I’m recovering from a lengthy quite unethical “corporate” therapist — post PTSD.  It’s a form of ultimate betrayal, but I’m okay.  She liked the consistent insurance.  I learned afterwards that it is certainly fine to check the history of the caregiver.

There are other ethical professionals that exist.

I found someone much better awhile back who works with me on complexities.  There is a bit of peace and reliability in the chaos.  First I trust myself.  My balance isn’t that off and I can move forward.  The previous one held me back in the name of her own research.

For now I will listen to others.  I just wanted to give a bit of an intro.

Keep Going!  I’ll cheer you on.

Hi 2Siamese,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for what traumas that you have experienced, including the ones that included unethical therapists. It is bad enough that your trust is betrayed when you are abused, but to be re-victimized is horrible. I hope she lost her license or worse. You will find tons of support here, as our members are kind and understanding. I'm glad you found us and wish you the best on your journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu:

1 hour ago, 2Siamese said:

I’m recovering from a lengthy quite unethical “corporate” therapist — post PTSD.  It’s a form of ultimate betrayal, but I’m okay.  She liked the consistent insurance.  I learned afterwards that it is certainly fine to check the history of the caregiver.

There are other ethical professionals that exist.

I found someone much better awhile back who works with me on complexities.  There is a bit of peace and reliability in the chaos.  First I trust myself.  My balance isn’t that off and I can move forward.  The previous one held me back in the name of her own research.

For now I will listen to others.  I just wanted to give a bit of an intro.

Keep Going!  I’ll cheer you on.

Hi and welcome to AS, although I`m sorry for the reasons you are here. I hope that unethical therapist had to face some consequences, it is a terrible betrayal indeed. Unethical behaviour of a therapist can cause a lot of suffering.   I am glad you found someone better,  and that you trust yourself!  Feel free to have a look around and listen to others, there is no pressure to share. Thanks for cheering us on!

g

Hello, 2Siamese. Welcome to AS. 

That therapist sounds horrible. :( I am so glad that you have found someone new & better ... & that they are helping you to move forward. 

When I first came here I did a lot of reading ... it was so helpful to me to realize I wasn’t as alone as I thought. :blush:

Cheers to you for joining & posting an intro. :) Reaching out like this can be hard, but I have found it is worth it.

Hi @2Siamese,

Welcome to AS, no one should ever experience what you've been through and then have an unethical therapist. That would have been a terrible betrayal.

Take your time looking around, post if and when you're ready. Hopefully you'll find this a caring, safe, supportive and non judgemental community.