Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi

MrsO134

Hi there

im new here after googling for a space online to get some support from others who have been similar things to myself. 

What happened to me was in the past I’m older now and married with children however it’s all come to a head in my mind and I’m finding that now is “the time” to seek out support and talk about it to others and I’m hoping somewhere like here is the place. 

I’m on a local waiting list for some sexual assault/abuse counselling however that’s a years wait! 

Anyway thanks for accepting me and though it’s awful what’s brought us all here - in the circumstances it’s nice to meet you all. 

Welcome to AS @MrsO134,

The circumstances that brought us all here are awful but the positive is that we are all here together supporting each other. It takes a lot of courage to take those first steps, well done on getting on the waiting list and reaching out here.

This is a caring, supportive, safe and non judgemental community. Take your time looking around and post when you feel ready.

Hello!  Welcome to After Silence!

I'm so sorry to hear you have reason to be here but am glad you've joined us and have reached out.  You are in a very safe place to start seeking support and talking things through - the people here are absolutely amazing and you will find that you're not alone!  I agree with Kmkz, take your time looking around and when you are ready, we will be ready to listen. 

Best wishes, and again, welcome!

Capulet

@MrsO134 hi and welcome to AS. I am sorry for what has brought you into this community. You will find a supportive community here ready and waiting for you whenever that is. I must say that I absolutely love your avatar! We are huge fans of the Cookie Monster here in my home. We especially loved his commercial and outtakes with Siri a few years ago. Wishing you a day filled with lots of chocolate chip cookies! :aswelcomesu:

Thank you for the welcomes! I’m reading some of the forums at the moment and hoping to become brave enough to share soon. Finding it difficult to find the words at the moment. Just taking it one step at a time. 

Thank you for both for the kind words! 

And i I love the Cookie Monster! I like the look of the cupcake too ;)

Welcome to AS,  it seem we all at some time feel it's time to deal with things. The one thing i like is to know that i am not alone in how I am feeling. You will find support here and you are not alone.

Patricia 

8 hours ago, MrsO134 said:

Hi there

im new here after googling for a space online to get some support from others who have been similar things to myself. 

What happened to me was in the past I’m older now and married with children however it’s all come to a head in my mind and I’m finding that now is “the time” to seek out support and talk about it to others and I’m hoping somewhere like here is the place. 

I’m on a local waiting list for some sexual assault/abuse counselling however that’s a years wait! 

Anyway thanks for accepting me and though it’s awful what’s brought us all here - in the circumstances it’s nice to meet you all. 

Hi MrsO134,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for what brings you here, but you will find tons of support. The members here are truly understanding and kind. You found AS, as I did a few years ago. It was time for me to acknowledge and face the traumas, after years of suppressing it. I'm sorry your waiting list is such a long wait, but until then, AS supports you. Take your time and look around. I wish you the best as you walk this path of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal: 

11 hours ago, MrsO134 said:

Hi there

I'm sorry for the painful experiences that have brought you here.  If you were looking for a space place to share with people who have similar experiences, you've found it.  You will find many kind and supportive people here.  Take your time looking around the forums and reading the posts and share whenever and whatever you are comfortable sharing.  After Silence has been one of the most healing things I've ever found, and I hope it is for you, too. :)

Gold Raindrops