Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi

SPNEmB

Hello, 

I am new here, just got the approval notice today. I am from Minnesota, USA. I am 23 and identify as female, and into males. My favourite TV shows are Ghost Adventures, A Million Little Things and most importantly Supernatural. I have been dealing with my past for a few years now, but for the first time in forever, I finally feel like I am ready to talk. I am a huge fan of the theatre, I work at a theatre company in St Paul, they just happen to work with people with disabilities. I love it, my lifelong dream came true last month when I made my first paycheck doing theatre. I spent over a year training in DBT and CBT skills, as well as having attended therapy that focuses on that area of training... I hope with the help of this site and the exploration of some in-person support groups near me, that someday I will be able to understand and believe that I am still an amazing person and that what happened was and is never my fault. 

Hi @SPNEmB

Welcome to AS! I am sorry for the trauma that has brought you here but glad you found our supportive community.  Thanks for letting us know a little about you, and I'm so happy for you that you could find work doing what you love in theatre.  I also hope that you will soon believe truly that you are an amazing person and what happened was never your fault!

Please take your time to find your way around here, and feel free to share as much or as little as you like as you are ready.  I wish you all the best on your healing path,

g

8 hours ago, SPNEmB said:

Hello, 

I am new here, just got the approval notice today. I am from Minnesota, USA. I am 23 and identify as female, and into males. My favourite TV shows are Ghost Adventures, A Million Little Things and most importantly Supernatural. I have been dealing with my past for a few years now, but for the first time in forever, I finally feel like I am ready to talk. I am a huge fan of the theatre, I work at a theatre company in St Paul, they just happen to work with people with disabilities. I love it, my lifelong dream came true last month when I made my first paycheck doing theatre. I spent over a year training in DBT and CBT skills, as well as having attended therapy that focuses on that area of training... I hope with the help of this site and the exploration of some in-person support groups near me, that someday I will be able to understand and believe that I am still an amazing person and that what happened was and is never my fault. 

Hi SPNEmB,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for what you have experienced, but you will find tons of support here. It appears you are ready to take a new step in the healing process. We validate your experience and understand your struggles. It seems you have some things in your life that you enjoy...theater and working with people with special needs. It's great that you have positive points in your life, and I admire how you like to give back. I wish you all the best as you continue this journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

18 hours ago, SPNEmB said:

Hello, 

:aswelcomesu:

I am sorry for the suffering that brought you here, this is a very safe, supportive place.  I hope you are able to find the peace and healing you are looking for!

xWaterlily

Hello and welcome to After Silence!

Thank you for taking the time to reach out and to introduce yourself, you sound like you keep really busy with your (very rewarding) work!  Your clients are VERY fortunate to have you!  

I am sorry to hear that the circumstances of your past have brought you here, but this indeed is a truly safe place to seek support and compassion from others who can relate.  I am also hopeful that the off-site support groups work out for you - I recently joined one, myself but they only meet once monthly for an hour and a half, so it kind of leaves me feeling a bit too disconnected afterwards - doesn't help that we sometimes get different faces.  But for now, this and that will do. :)

Anyway, take your time in looking around.  Hope to get the opportunity to get to know better someday!

Best wishes,
Capulet