Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New here

Engenbran

Hi @Engenbran

And welcome to AS. Sorry to hear about the SA. This is a great place to recover and get support. AS is a safe place fill of caring and supportive people, who have exprienced trauma firsthand and there are some that are secondary survivors (limited to specific parts of AS) all here to support eachother. I am encouraged to see you here it takes a level of courage to join a site like this one and an amount of bravery to post your first post. Your not alone, and if you need help navigating the site your free to reach out anytime.

BraveOne

Hi Engenbran,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry you experienced trauma, but you are not alone. We have many understanding members and you will find tons of support. The best way to start is to just look around. You will find that many of us can relate to your struggles. You are never pressured and your experiences are validated. When you are comfortable you can respond to others or post your own threads. It's all up to you. Just reaching out to say hello is a big step. I wish you more forward steps on your journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

On 11/24/2018 at 8:07 AM, Engenbran said:

I’m new here and have no idea how to work this.   Just need help with recovery from my sexual abuse 

Hi Engenbran,

Welcome to AS, although I am sorry for what brings you here.  There is no particular way things work here, you can read through and have a look around, and if you find posts that you relate to you can reply, or join a discussion thread, or make your own post about something you may be struggling with. Some days we might just ask for someone to  'sit with' us because we are feeling bad.  There is no pressure to share,  but you are welcome to share as much as you want, when or if you feel ready.   I wish you the best as you recover,

g

Hi @Engenbran, I hope you are starting to get used to the site.  I remember when I first joined feeling completely unsure of how to even “get around” the site.  I’d never been part of any online community before.  It is a good place—I am glad you found it.

Welcome to AS @Engenbran, take your time looking around and post when you are comfortable and feel ready. The community here is kind, supportive, non judgemental and safe. I wish you all the best on your healing journey.