Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New here

Hello to everyone,

I am not sure about this online support, no offense to anyone. I am glad it's here but not for the reason. I am going to try and trust this. I have been through some bad things and every day is a struggle. I am alone in so much. But only as alone as I choose I guess. I don't know how to move forward, but maybe this is a good start.  

Welcome :) I'm sorry you have a reason to be here (you've gone through some awful stuff), but I'm glad you're here reaching out. I'm new too and I just wanted to say that this is a fantastic step in the right direction.  In fact, coming here even though you're a little unsure is really brave. 

Also, I don't think there is a definitive way to move forward.  Instead, I think it's a different process for everyone.  What works for me might not work for you.  I just try to improve a little bit every day or however long it may take, and over time we realize how much all our hard work has added up.  I've found the forums helpful for me these past few days, and I hope you find help and comfort in them too.  I really wish you the best with everything.  It gets better, I promise, it just may take some time.

Hi Freedomflys,

I am very sorry for the trauma you've experienced, but you have found a very supportive site. Our members are kind and understanding. I understand your nervousness on trusting or accepting a new place like this, there is a lot floating around society in general that makes it hard to trust. I suggest you just take your time to look around and I am confident you will begin to see this is a safe and trustworthy site. You've taken a chance to introduce yourself, which is a big step in itself. Give us a chance and you may be surprised. I wish you the best as you walk this healing path.

Mary

:notalone: 

On 11/17/2018 at 7:18 PM, Freedomflys said:

Hello to everyone,

I am not sure about this online support, no offense to anyone. I am glad it's here but not for the reason. I am going to try and trust this. I have been through some bad things and every day is a struggle. I am alone in so much. But only as alone as I choose I guess. I don't know how to move forward, but maybe this is a good start.  

Hi Freedomflys,

It is not easy to trust, and no one will take offense if it's hard for you to imagine that!  You don't have to fully trust us to be here and be supported either, you can take as much time as you need.   I am sorry for what you've been through and that every day is a struggle. Isolation is something many of us can understand, even here. There are no easy answers to how to move forward, but sometimes it can help to know that others 'get it' and you can be heard and validated, and you can share as little or as much as you choose. It's about your choice now.  I hope you can find some of what you need here,

best wishes to you on your path,

g

Hi @Freedomflys and welcome your not alone. I'm with you on not liking the reson this place exist but I am glad for the people here and thankful to have the opportunity to welcome new members in even if its for such a horrible reason. I am sorry you share that reason and I hope you find us all warm and welcome. Your not alone, no matter how al9ne you may feel.

BraveOne

@Freedomflys welcome to the AS community and I'm sorry for what brings you here. It's unfortunate that there are those of us who have suffered from the dark underbelly of a society where people are hurt by others. Take your time to look around and for what you can use here. I have found AS to be a supportive and understanding community I hope you find a place here too.