Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

One Year of Healing

neri

My name is Neri.  When I was eleven/twelve I was sexually assaulted and abused by someone in a position of trust.  One year ago I broke years of silence and finally started my healing journey.  I've been through a roller coaster—some days were fine, other days were nightmares.  I still struggle to believe that my experience matters because it didn't escalate to r*pe, but I was still violated and traumatized.

I look back at this crazy year and realize that I have improved, and there is hope.  I am happier than I was a year ago and am finally accepting what happened to me.

I wanted to find a kind, supportive group of people who understands the struggle and knows where I'm coming from.  So hi :)

Also, how do I make my birth date private?  Thanks a bunch.

Edited by neri

Hi neri,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry that you experienced trauma when you were eleven/twelve. It was wrong for anyone to do this to you. You will find tons of support and understanding here. It takes courage to reach out to others. I hope it is just one of many steps you take in this journey of healing. (I will PM you with instructions on how to hide your "birthday", which shows on your profile--your "birthdate" is only viewable to you and administrators of this site).

Mary

:notalone:

What house are you in at Hogwarts? :)

Sorry, had to write that - I'm a huge Harry Potter fan.  

I think you have come to the right place.  There are many kind and understand people here who will be able to relate to your experiences - there are just too many of us out there with the same types of tragic stories.  Sorry for all your suffering, but I think it's brave of you to set out on your healing journey.  

We're all here for you, any time.  

Gold Raindrops

I'm a Gryffindor!! What about you? xD

Thank you for your kind reply :) I'm glad I found this site, even though I'm sad it has to exist it is helpful for those of us who need it.

34 minutes ago, neri said:

I'm a Gryffindor!! What about you? xD

Thank you for your kind reply :) I'm glad I found this site, even though I'm sad it has to exist it is helpful for those of us who need it.

Gryffindor, definitely. :)  Yes, too many of us share the same story.  We have to be here for each other.  

Hello @neri - forgive me for being late to welcome you to After Silence. :)  I'm pleased to see that you're enjoying the site - and I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through - it matters none that it didn't escalate to rape - you are a survivor all the same, and we're all here for you in support.

I've been sorted into Slytherin, by the way.  :lol:  Must be that mischievous side that sometimes escapes!

Anyway - welcome.  Looking forward to getting to know you!

Best wishes,
Capulet

Hi @neri and welcome, I see Mary set you up with instructions on how to make your birthday so only you can see it. Sorry for the trauma from when you were young, its hard to walk through that alone, so I am glad you found us here of AS. Hope you are doing well and looking forward to seeing you around the boards.

BraveOne