Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

New here, just wanting to say hi! (And work towards 10 posts without being too annoying) 

I really apriciate the sensitivity and thought put into this forum. Everyone seems very kind and you’ve really created a space for all of us to feel welcome and heard. I’ve always struggled with finding my voice... especially around difficult issues. Seeing all the participants here being so brave and candid is really inspiring. 

I hope this forum can help in my healing journey :)

4 hours ago, Sapphire007 said:

New here, just wanting to say hi! (And work towards 10 posts without being too annoying) 

I really apriciate the sensitivity and thought put into this forum. Everyone seems very kind and you’ve really created a space for all of us to feel welcome and heard. I’ve always struggled with finding my voice... especially around difficult issues. Seeing all the participants here being so brave and candid is really inspiring. 

Hello @Sapphire007,

welcome to as, :wave: ,

the 10 posts is easy enough don't worry, plus it's very useful cause you can get to know people :) .

hopefully this place can be helpful to you so you don't feel like your going through it alone.

Free2Fly :butterfly: 

5 hours ago, Sapphire007 said:

Hi Sapphire welcome to AS. I am sorry for the trauma that you have been through.  all of us have lost our voice over time. We have learned to use our voice, sometimes it gets lost but with the help of everyone here we find it. You are not alone here.

Patricia

Hi Sapphire,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for what you been thru, but as you have already seen, this is a truly supportive site. Having people who understand and kind is really a wonderful thing. You are not alone. It takes a big step to reach out and it takes a big step to face the wrong done to you. I wish you the best on your continuing journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Hello @Sapphire007 and welcome to AS!  Glad you're feeling safe and secure while looking around and are overall enjoying the site.  

I truly hope that AS can indeed promote further healing - but remember - you're the one doing the work!  Keep it up!

If ever you need help with anything, feel free to give a shout!

Best wishes,
Capulet

Hi @Sapphire007! Welcome to AS, though I am so sorry you have a reason to be here. That 10 post thing you will have in no time and I doubt you will be annoying about it I haven't seen anyone come through get annoying with trying to increase their post count. You have stumbled upon a safe supportive group of people who are sure to welcome you in. Feel free to share at a pace that works best for you you can share as little or as much as you wish and have control over what you share. Anyways welcome to AS and I am looking forward to seeing you around the forum!

BraveOne

On 10/31/2018 at 1:26 AM, Sapphire007 said:

Hi and welcome to AS! 

You have found a supportive place to start to find your voice, it can take time but you are already taking the brave steps to start posting and saying hello here!

Best wishes on your healing journey.

g