Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

new here and nervous

hello. i joined a few days ago and have been reading posts on the site. i am in counseling, but live in a city that doesn’t have any support groups. i’m a bit nervous about joining, but giving this a shot, as i need to connect with others who have had similar experiences. 

Hello @fleur de lis and welcome to After Silence.  I'm sorry to hear that you have reason to be here but am glad you've reached out in hopes of reaching others who have endured similar experiences.  There are many blessed connections to be made here - the people are extremely supportive and you are definitely not alone!  

Take all the time you need to get yourself familiarized with the site - I hope you'll find some comfort in being here!

If there's anything I can ever help with, feel free to give me a shout!

Best wishes,
Capulet

Hi fleur de lis,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have experienced, but please know that you will find tons of support here at AS. I am glad that you have found us and decided to reach out.  Take your time and look around. It's ok to be nervous, trying new things always are, but you will find understanding and kindness here.  I wish you the very best as you journey down this path we call healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

Hi @fleur de lis,

Welcome to AS! I hope that you will find the support and connection you are seeking. I understand being nervous - it can be daunting to reach out and to express these experiences and feelings we struggle with. It can feel good to connect with others but it can also feel more 'real'.  You are not alone, please take your time and find your way around, you can share as much or as little as you want to. 

Hi @fleur de lis, Welcome to AS. I am so sorry you have a reason to be here. You have definitely found a warm caring and supportive group of people and a great site.  you can heal and it sounds like you have already made some progress towards it, talking to a therapist has been so helpful to so many and reaching out to a group so you don't feel so alone is also highly important and if there isn't a group near you an online support forum is a great place to be.  It is completely understandably to be nervous to be here, but please know you have found a judgement free supportive community. You are in control of what you share how you share and where you share here, and people are always willing to support and empathize. Glad you joined us and I am looking forward to seeing your post around the forums.

BraveOne

Hello and welcome to AS. I also live in a town that doesn’t have support groups. I do not drive, and there is not public transport here, so AS is it for me. My T comes to see me. I am glad you found AS! They are so wonderful!

Edited by Invisible1