Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hey...

Hi, all! I'm a new member, and I look forward to meeting people and talking about my experiences. I feel like I've been annoying my best friend lately by excessively talking about my trauma, so I'd like to find another outlet to talk about and process what happened.  I'm not really sure how forums work yet, but I'm going to try and figure it out, haha. So yeah!

Hi raeanngry,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry you have reason to be here, but do know that you will find tons of support. It's nice to have a friend willing to listen, but it is understandable wanting other outlets. It is a big step to seek out others who understand the struggles you face. Take your time looking around and jump in when you are comfortable and ready. I wish you many more forward steps as your walk your path of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal: 

20 hours ago, raeanngry said:

Hi, all! I'm a new member, and I look forward to meeting people and talking about my experiences. I feel like I've been annoying my best friend lately by excessively talking about my trauma, so I'd like to find another outlet to talk about and process what happened.  I'm not really sure how forums work yet, but I'm going to try and figure it out, haha. So yeah!

Hi and welcome to AS!  I know what you mean about feeling like it's 'too much' for your friends.  It's not too much, and I am sure you aren't annoying but I understand wanting another outlet, and sometimes I've found it more helpful to talk to peers who understand and have been through it too, even though our experiences are different a lot of our feelings are the same.  The forum is here for you to explore, look around, post replies to other members or post your own topics for discussion, questions you have, asking for support, talking about your experiences. Feel free to take your time and post as much or as little as you want to.   I wish you the best as you continue on your healing path,

g

Welcome, @raeanngry - so sorry things have felt so overwhelming!  I can definitely relate to that feeling of continually burdening those around us with the past traumatic experiences we're still working at processing - it's never been said that my friends felt 'annoyed' by it but I, too, felt that I needed another outlet.  And it's been a blessing to be able to discuss some things with others who have had similar experiences.

I am glad that you've found After Silence!  The folks here are great - I hope you'll find that you are widely supported and that many can understand where you're coming from! 

Sending lots of healing vibes your way.  Again, welcome.

Best wishes,
Capulet

On 10/29/2018 at 3:04 PM, raeanngry said:

Hi @raeanngry, that's a very clever screen name I really like it! welcome to AS though I am sorry for the trauma you have endured that lead you to us here. I can relate to the feeling that I am annoying others talking about trauma or the PTSD that followed the trauma, and I am sure many others can as well.  this is a great place to talk about your trauma and everything that goes along with it and get kind and gentle support. I remember when I joined it was because my therapist highly recommended AS to me and kept after me about joining even though I didn't feel like this was going to help at all, having people here understand and relate to me and my issues has really lead me to being able to grow a lot irl as well because I truly understand now that there are others who struggle with the same things around and a lot more that don't talk about this stuff that need to as well. Any ways sorry for the tangent. Welcome again to AS I am looking forward to seeing you around the forum!

BraveOne