Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Hi everyone. This is my first time getting involved in a community surrounding this kind of thing and I am nervous about it. Someone suggested I find a group of people with similar experiences to work through it all and I cant bring myself to do so in a face to face kind of group so I hope maybe this is a good place to start.

Hi grapejuicebox,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry you have a reason to seek out a site like ours, but yet glad you found us. Our members are very supportive and kind. It is never easy to start facing the wrong to done to us, but talking with others who understand is a positive step. I hope it is one of many forward steps as you begin you journey of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal: 

Hello @grapejuicebox,

As much as I hate seeing that more and more people have endured trauma and have reason to join us, I welcome you with open arms - this is a fantastic place to start.  You're 100% right on that.  The people are kind, supportive and truly care.  

So, welcome!  And I hope that being here brings you peace, comfort and healing.  

Best,
Cap

Hi @grapejuicebox welcome to AS,

First of all I want to tell you how sorry I am that you have a reason to be here, you're really not alone.  This is a safe supportive site full of wonderful and supportive people, that can relate and empathize with you. It is important to seeking support, it really does help with the healing process. If you haven't already I would highly recommend talking to a counselor or therapist and I am sure you can get good information here from others as to how to find one if you haven't already done so.  You are in control of what you share here so please do so at a pace that is comfortable for you and remember you are free to share as little or as much as you like.  Welcome to AS and I look forward to seeing your post around the forums.

BraveOne