Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New to this...

Kappita

Hello everyone,

I recently signed up to this after deciding it was finally time to confront the reality of what happened to me in the hope that I may be able to gain new insight on how to live a happier, healthier life through connecting with others. This is my first time posting on any kind of forum or really talking about my past at all, so this is very, very new to me. I am generally an extremely private and closed person so it feels a little overwhelming and I'm unsure of where to start...! 

Anyway, I look forward to settling in and becoming a part of the community.

Welcome to AfterSilence!! 

We are glad to have you here although deeply saddened that you needed to join at all :(

I hope you can find the support and advise you are looking for! I’d advise that you just spend time browsing the forums that you relate to and see what other people have been able to talk about and get ‘comfortable’ before diving in and sharing your own story, which is a very hard thing to do and can bring up some difficult emotions.

Good luck

Hello @Kappita, welcome to AfterSilence.  This is a fantastic group of people who truly care and are supportive.  I feel so grateful to have found such a loving community!  I'm sorry for the circumstances that have brought you here, but am glad you have found us and have reached out - that's a great step toward healing!

We all have to start somewhere. :)  But take your time, look around and post whenever you're ready.  

I hope you are able to find some peace, comfort and healing!

Best wishes,
Capulet

5 hours ago, Kappita said:

Hello everyone,

I recently signed up to this after deciding it was finally time to confront the reality of what happened to me in the hope that I may be able to gain new insight on how to live a happier, healthier life through connecting with others. This is my first time posting on any kind of forum or really talking about my past at all, so this is very, very new to me. I am generally an extremely private and closed person so it feels a little overwhelming and I'm unsure of where to start...! 

Anyway, I look forward to settling in and becoming a part of the community.

Hi Kappita,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have endured, but you have found a very supportive site. The members here are kind and understanding. This was my first step, as well. When I found the site, it was amazing to find such acceptance and acknowledgement. Together, we are not alone. Take your time and look around. You can jump in and interact when you are ready. This was a huge step in itself. I wish you many more forward steps on this journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

• 5 months later...