Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here

Hi everyone! 

I'm new to this site. I actually joined a while ago but haven't ever gone on since signing up. I recently started seeing a therapist to help treat some anxiety due to past experiences. I'm over a month into the process and have found it to be quite difficult for me. I decided to join here to discuss the therapy process in regards to certain events. I think that this site could be a great aid for me in opening up about different issues.

I'm glad to be a part of this community and am looking forward to growing with you all!

With Love, LBL

Hello @LostButLearning - welcome to AS!  And I have to say your user name is perfect - am sure a lot of others can say they can or have related to that. :)  

You've found a great community - the people are absolutely wonderful and are so very supportive.  I hope that being here helps bring you peace, clarity and healing!

Looking forward to growing with you as well. :)

Best wishes, and again - welcome!

Capulet

Welcome to AS @LostButLearning, everyone here is supportive and understanding.

There will be members that can relate and hopefully help you through the challenges of therapy and processing experiences.

Wishing you all the best on your healing journey. 

15 hours ago, LostButLearning said:

Hi everyone! 

I'm new to this site. I actually joined a while ago but haven't ever gone on since signing up. I recently started seeing a therapist to help treat some anxiety due to past experiences. I'm over a month into the process and have found it to be quite difficult for me. I decided to join here to discuss the therapy process in regards to certain events. I think that this site could be a great aid for me in opening up about different issues.

I'm glad to be a part of this community and am looking forward to growing with you all!

With Love, LBL

Hi LBL,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you've endured, but you will find tons of support here. Sometimes it can take awhile to be comfortable to jump in, the important thing is you feel the time is right for you know. You are never pressured to go faster or share more than you are ready too, but understanding and kindness will await you. I wish you the best as you continue this journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone: