Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New here

Hi everybody, I'm jenna, I've never joined an online chat group before so this will be something new for me. I recently got out of the Marine Corps and my struggle with ptsd and the added stress of past traumas is what caused me to search out this group, I'm excited to meet and hopefully encourage and be inspired by the amazing people I am sure to encounter here.

Hi @Jenna leann welcome!  This was the first (and only) online group ever for me as well.  I know it is a big step, and I hope you find what you are looking for in the way of support and learning and camaraderie.  I'm sorry you are dealing with PTSD and earlier trauma, and my best wishes for you as you heal .

5 hours ago, Jenna leann said:

Hi everybody, I'm jenna, I've never joined an online chat group before so this will be something new for me. I recently got out of the Marine Corps and my struggle with ptsd and the added stress of past traumas is what caused me to search out this group, I'm excited to meet and hopefully encourage and be inspired by the amazing people I am sure to encounter here.

Welcome to AS!  I’m sorry for the past traumas you’ve endured. You’ve found a safe place here. You will find that everyone is friendly and caring. You will find no judgement here.  Take your time and look around and say as much or as little as you like.  Best wishes on your healing journey. 

PB

Hi Jenna,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have endured, but you have found a very supportive site. Our members are understanding and kind. I am glad you searched us out and we are happy to accept you. You are not alone. I wish you the very best on your journey of healing and a big thank you for serving our country.

Mary

:youcanheal: 

11 hours ago, Jenna leann said:

Hi Jenna ,

welcome to as, I'm sorry to hear you struggle with ptsd, it's difficult to deal with.

safe hugs :hug: if ok?

free :butterfly: 

Hello @Jenna leann, welcome to AS!  

So sorry that you deal with the daily burdens of PTSD and that you have endured trauma. :(  

On the bright side, you have found a loving, safe and compassionate community and I think you will fit right in. :)  The people here are absolutely amazing and I have always felt 100% supported.

Also - thank you for your service!  

Best wishes, and welcome!
Capulet