Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

So... Hey

So... Hey. Its a little weird being here but i'm excited. I guess lets get started with why i'm here. A lot of my friends haven't been through what have been through. There is like this disconnect where when i talk about what happened to me, or the issues i'm facing because of it, everyone just stares and doesn't respond. Like they think if they say anything I am going to go off or something. It is very lonely i guess. I just really what to make friends with people who will understand because they have been there. I mean i've been through a lot of crap but i wont post anything on this because i feel that is a bit too heavy for an into. Look forward to talking with y'all. 

Welcome! I'm new here, but excited as well. I dont have many people i can talk to about this stuff so i look forward to talking with people on here. I've been through a lot myself but i know i'll work through it. We all will. We are stronger than our trauma. Thanks for posting!

Hi @Youngbellbird, and welcome to our AS community!

I'm sorry for the trauma that brought you here, but you've found a supportive place where others 'get it' and won't judge you.

I'm sorry that people you are trying to talk to are not responding in a way that is helpful or supportive. I totally relate to the feeling that others think you are going to melt down all of a sudden if you talk about it!  It can definitely be very isolating.  I hope you will feel less alone here!

6 hours ago, Youngbellbird said:

So... Hey. Its a little weird being here but i'm excited. I guess lets get started with why i'm here. A lot of my friends haven't been through what have been through. There is like this disconnect where when i talk about what happened to me, or the issues i'm facing because of it, everyone just stares and doesn't respond. Like they think if they say anything I am going to go off or something. It is very lonely i guess. I just really what to make friends with people who will understand because they have been there. I mean i've been through a lot of crap but i wont post anything on this because i feel that is a bit too heavy for an into. Look forward to talking with y'all. 

Hi Youngbellbird,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry that you have experienced trauma, but so happy that you have joined our site. I understand how others, even well-meaning family or friends, just don't fully understand what you went thru. That is what is so wonderful about AS. You are not alone anymore. Our members are so understanding and kind. You will find tons of support, too. I wish you the very best as you walk your path of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

7 hours ago, Youngbellbird said:

Hello,

im sorry it feels like that , many people just don't really know what to say about this kinda stuff.

your not alone though, safe hugs :hug: if ok?

1 hour ago, Free2Fly said:

Hello,

im sorry it feels like that , many people just don't really know what to say about this kinda stuff.

your not alone though, safe hugs :hug: if ok?

of course! Yall are so heckin nice ugh making my heart all soft. thank you for kind words!

Hi and welcome to AS @Youngbellbird. Youve found a really safe place to share as much or as little as you feel like sharing, with supportive people who can relate and understand. I am sorry for the trauma that brought you here and I really get that feeling of disconnect that occurs in the aftermath of the stuff I dont like to talk about with family and friends because I too fear their judgement. You'll find people here that understand and welcome you nI matter what happened.

BraveOne