Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New here

I guess this is the thing to do. Saying hi. I heard about this place from a friend who thought it would help me. It's be 13 long days since it happened. Everyone says it will get better. That I'll have good days and bad...everyday has been bad. I'm still waiting on the good. 

Welcome to AS, @Tryintosurvive. I am very sorry that you have a reason to seek out this community, but I am glad that your friend told you about this. This is a safe place, full of kind and supportive people. I hope that reading about the experience of other people who have been through trauma might help you feel less alone, and that if you have any questions that you feel you cannot ask or have answered in real life, you might find some answers here. You say your trauma happened only 13 days ago. That is such a short while ago, although I understand those days must all have felt like eternities. I can imagine it is all still very raw and confusing and scary. It's ok if you don't have any good days right now. This will take some time, but you will feel better one day, and you can heal from this. Just take your time. For now, just try to take care, surround yourself with people who are supportive and loving, and be gentle with yourself. Any questions just ask, there will be people here happy to answer your questions. You are not alone, reach out any time you feel comfortable to. 

Hi, @Tryintosurvive, and welcome to AfterSilence!

SO sorry to hear of your recent trauma!!!  I am sure the past two weeks have likely been really rough on you and I hope you are being kind to yourself.  

I am, however, glad to hear that someone referred you here - @phoenixxx is right - this is a safe, supportive haven for survivors of every age, gender, race - it matters none - we all are trying to achieve a common goal.  I hope that being here helps you to find peace, healing, comfort and eventually will inspire some good days!

Am here often if you ever need or want to talk.

Best wishes, and again - welcome.

Capulet

8 hours ago, Tryintosurvive said:

I guess this is the thing to do. Saying hi. I heard about this place from a friend who thought it would help me. It's be 13 long days since it happened. Everyone says it will get better. That I'll have good days and bad...everyday has been bad. I'm still waiting on the good. 

Hi Tryintosurvive,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for your recent trauma, it must be very fresh for you. You have found a very supportive site tho, and will receive tons of support. I know how hard it is when everyone tells you how it will be. I know you don't feel that right now and those words don't seem to help, when you feel it won't. Healing is a very unpredictable thing. There is no set timetable. You are here tho, which is huge. This shows you are a fighter. Many of us have and go thru denial, refusing to face it. I admire your friend for recommending us, many friends do not know what to say or do, but your friend is there supporting you. We support you. I wish you the very best as you begin your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone: 

On 10/11/2018 at 11:02 AM, Tryintosurvive said:

Hi, welcome to AS Tryingtosurvive, though I'm sorry for the very recent trauma that brought you here. That has to be very fresh and raw feeling still, I'm glad that a friend pointed you to this site. Like others have said this is a good place to get great support advise a place where people who have been through simalar things and will listen without judging you all well gently supporting you. Take your time to look around share at your own pace as little or as much as you want, this is compleately up to you. Again I'm sorry for the trauma and look forward to seeing you around the forum.

BraveOne