So I’m new on here. 

I suffered r, 10 years ago this December when I was 13. I have been to counselling once and it did help. At the moment I am starting to suffer nightmares again as it leads to 10 years. I’m not a great sleeper as it is, so this is making things worse and my partner is going to start more night shifts on the run up to Christmas, which I’m dreading. 

18 minutes ago, Cheleigh said:

So I’m new on here. 

I suffered r, 10 years ago this December when I was 13. I have been to counselling once and it did help. At the moment I am starting to suffer nightmares again as it leads to 10 years. I’m not a great sleeper as it is, so this is making things worse and my partner is going to start more night shifts on the run up to Christmas, which I’m dreading. 

Welcome to as,

Safe hugs :hug: if ok? 

Sorry u went through that, I went through similar when I was 13 , nightmares are horrible.

Hi, @Cheleigh - and a hearty welcome to AS.  I'm so sorry to hear of the trauma you endured 10 years ago.  It seems that no matter how long ago it was (for me it's been 22 years!) it is something that in part, stays with us forever.  So very unfair and breaks my heart every day.

The good news though, is you have found a fantastic, supportive site FILLED with people who truly understand what you are going through and can provide TONS of support!  I hope you are able to find peace, comfort and healing here.  I know I have, and I look forward to getting to know you better! :) 

Best wishes,
Capulet

7 hours ago, Cheleigh said:

So I’m new on here. 

Hi Cheleigh welcome to AS. I am sorry for the tramua you went through at 13. You have found a supportive site and we are here for you.

Patricia 

He Cheleigh,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for what you experienced at 13 and how you are struggling now. Triggers can be difficult, as I imagine how triggering this anniversary will be for you. You will find many kind and supportive members here. I am glad you found us and wish you the best on your journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

On 10/10/2018 at 12:20 AM, Cheleigh said:

So I’m new on here. 

Welcome... It’s seem that you dont want to be alone during this upcoming difficult period. As ghosts of the past catch up with us. With Compassion - I believe and I know u will get through this. I promise you. Stay strong. 

I am so sorry this happened to you.  I am sorry that Everyday there are children and women being violated. 

But you know who’s worse than us? People without empathy. And those thinking that they can take our power from us. They don’t feel. They merely exist. Inhuman.

I share your pain but we will be stronger, more compassionate and human inspite of this. 

You are a strong woman. 

I’ve been MIA for awhile thinking that I have dealt with the past and it can’t haunt me no more. 

It’s evolved into something else. I don’t know exactly. Except that it is an unbreakable force...

you will find this too