Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Noob

JaxH

I guess I should start by saying that I'm new to discussing all of this. I'm 37 years old and I've been repressing some of my trauma for 30 years. Even though I've been going to therapy for almost 9 years I never mentioned it. I guess it's because I suffer from a variety of mental illnesses and there was always something more urgent that needed to be addressed. In the past ten years I've been hospitalized 5 times. Current events triggered my PTSD and all of these puzzle pieces came together and made me realize just how traumatized I am. My husband and I have been together almost 20 years and we've never had a healthy sex life. I really want to be able to change this. I've even been in touch with a sex therapist. I'm really hoping she can help.  

Edited by JaxH

Hi JaxH,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you endured 30 years ago, but you have found a very supportive site. Many of us have found this place decades later, myself included. I'm sorry for the struggles you still face since, but it is very brave to face whats happened now. Perhaps at one point you can discuss it with your therapist, because there is a chance there is cause and effect with your trauma and your mental health. It's so unfair, either way. I am glad you have found us tho, and wish you well on this journey of healing.

Mary

:aswelcomesu:

Hi Jax!  Welcome to AS!

I hope that being here brings you peace and healing - although I am sorry for the circumstances that have brought you to us, I'm happy to meet you.  

Looking forward to getting to know you.  I am also an adult 'veteran' survivor; it seems like an endless battle sometimes, but it does make a world of a difference to have the support of a community.

Again, welcome.

Best wishes,

Capulet