Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Ready to talk

PBJ17

Hello,

I’ve been a member for a few weeks, but I’ve been hiding behind my screen and only reading posts. I’m finally ready to introduce myself and maybe someday I will be more comfortable with sharing my story. About 3 weeks ago, I finally spoke about my abuse for the very first time. My husband listened and believed me and has become my rock in this process. He found me a therapist and I saw her for the first time about a week and a half ago. I have begun the healing process, but it’s so hard. My life feels like it has been turned upside down and I’m just going through the motions to make it through each day. I’m hoping to find support and understanding here while I journey through this world of confusion, emotions and uncertainty. 

❤️

@PBJ17 Hello. This is definitely the place to find support, welcome - and sorry for what has brought you here. Sounds like you are very strong and making the right decisions for your healing. Hope today finds you some happiness and peace. Sending you positive vibes :)

4 hours ago, PBJ17 said:

Hello,

I’ve been a member for a few weeks, but I’ve been hiding behind my screen and only reading posts. I’m finally ready to introduce myself and maybe someday I will be more comfortable with sharing my story. About 3 weeks ago, I finally spoke about my abuse for the very first time. My husband listened and believed me and has become my rock in this process. He found me a therapist and I saw her for the first time about a week and a half ago. I have begun the healing process, but it’s so hard. My life feels like it has been turned upside down and I’m just going through the motions to make it through each day. I’m hoping to find support and understanding here while I journey through this world of confusion, emotions and uncertainty. 

❤️

Hi PBJ17, welcome to AS. I am glad you found our site. Take as much time you need to be behind the screen, there is never any pressure in sharing your story. I am sorry for the tramua that you have been through but glad you have the support of your husband and starting T. You are not alone in this journey. 

Patricia 

5 hours ago, PBJ17 said:

Hello,

❤️

Hi PBJ,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for what you've been thru, but do know you have found a very supportive site. Reading posts can be just as important as any other aspect of this site. It can show us how we are not so alone and others can have similar thoughts, feelings, and struggles. It is such an important thing not to feel alone. I'm glad your husband reacted well and is a big support to you. All these steps you are taking are just the beginning, as you start to walk this path of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Thank you, everyone, for such a warm welcome. I look forward to getting to know you all more and feeling more comfortable opening up and being the real me. I’ve always sugar coated everything in my life and I’m ready to break down my walls and change that. 

Hi @PBJ17and welcome to AS. You have found a warm supportive place here and I hope you feel comfortable with us so far, take your time opening up I know its not easy to share your story. I'm glad you were able to introduce yourself and I wanted to say welcome to our internet family.

BraveOne

Thanks for the warm welcome, Struggling and BraveOne. I’m so happy to have landed here, looking forward to some wonderful support and just having a place to vent. ❤️