drgncro

Hello

Hi Everyone, I'm new - first post. 

Spurred on by that ridiculous tweet by 45 about Dr. Ford and her parents [not] filing charges back in '82. Talking about it is hard enough but then the lack of both sympathy and empathy by most people just leaves me kind of empty inside, like there should be more feeling, emotion, something. Anyway, I digress .... I'm very grateful for a safe, nonjudgmental place. Thanks =)

Welcome!  I am very sorry for what brings you here. I'm glad to see perhaps a bright side to that tweet, that it led you to seek safe company.  I hope you will find what you are looking for. 

5 hours ago, drgncro said:

Spurred on by that ridiculous tweet by 45 about Dr. Ford and her parents [not] filing charges back in '82. Talking about it is hard enough but then the lack of both sympathy and empathy by most people just leaves me kind of empty inside, like there should be more feeling, emotion, something. Anyway, I digress .... I'm very grateful for a safe, nonjudgmental place. Thanks =)

Hi drgncro, welcome to AS. I think many of us having been following the Ford case. My husband and I were talking about the same thing you brought up. It's maddening when people don't understand what we need to do survive a tramua. It's hard for people to talk about it in 2018 , things were so much worse in 82. You have found a safe place here.

Patricia 

6 hours ago, drgncro said:

Hi drgncro,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the reasons that bring you here, but do know you will find tons of support. I think this topic has spurred a lot of reaction, unfortunately ignorant and vindictive individuals always try to silence the voices of the very people they accuse of not speaking up sooner. I am glad that you have found our community and wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:youcanheal: 

These recent events have stirred up a lot of emotions in me as well. Its hard to sit and listen to all the criticism for her statements and actions (then and now) and not be triggered or affected in a way. It feels strangely personal, almost like they’re saying those things directly to all survivors, including myself. 

I’m a new member as well, so I don’t have tons of advice, but I just wanted to say welcome and you’re not alone.