Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New here - scared but ready

I'm a trans female and a survivor. I've accepted that the incident happened, but now I am in the stage of dealing with everything that's happened as a result. Being here is a bittersweet feeling of being terrified to confront my biggest fears, but happy & relieved to finally be able to talk about it. 

7 hours ago, SunflowerLuvr95 said:

I'm a trans female and a survivor. I've accepted that the incident happened, but now I am in the stage of dealing with everything that's happened as a result. Being here is a bittersweet feeling of being terrified to confront my biggest fears, but happy & relieved to finally be able to talk about it. 

Hi Sunflower welcome to AS. I am sorry for the tramua that you have been through. I think most of us understand that bittersweet feeling. Remember you are not alone in this journey of healing. 

Patricia 

8 hours ago, SunflowerLuvr95 said:

Hi Sunflower,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you've been thru. It is never ok for someone to hurt another like this. I am happy you have found us tho, as this is a very supportive community with many understanding and kind members. You are not alone. I wish you the best on this journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

@SunflowerLuvr95,

Welcome to AfterSilence!!!  Happy you're here, although I'm sorry it's under stressful circumstances.  I do hope that being here brings you comfort and healing.  The folks here are amazingly supportive and we are a non-judgmental bunch; you can speak freely here and you are not alone!

Best wishes,
Capulet

Welcome to AS! I know how scary the first step of signing  up and writing that first post is, but now that is behind you I hope you find that AS is a really safe, supportive place where you can talk about your trauma if you feel like it or just look around and feel less alone with your struggles.