clg

First post

Hey everyone, I'm new. I've had a really hard week. I recently found out very troubling information about my abuser, who I was in a relationship with 6 years ago, that is reopening old wounds and showing me that I never really processed what happened to me. Joining this forum is one of the steps I'm trying to take to change that. It's great to see such a supportive community.

Hi clg, welcome to AS. I am sorry for the tramua that you have been through. It's hard when old wounds get open. You are not alone here and we are with you during this journey. 

Patricia 

9 hours ago, clg said:

Hey everyone, I'm new. I've had a really hard week. I recently found out very troubling information about my abuser, who I was in a relationship with 6 years ago, that is reopening old wounds and showing me that I never really processed what happened to me. Joining this forum is one of the steps I'm trying to take to change that. It's great to see such a supportive community.

Hi clg,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have experienced, but you have found a very supportive site. The members here are kind and understanding. Many of us try to deny our traumas in hopes it will just go away. I know many of us wished it possible. It is a big step to reach out and I wish you many more forward steps on your journey of healing.

:notalone: 

Mary

Hi there CLG. I’m new here too.  Here’s to the first steps to positive change.