Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New and Nervous

NssAngel9

Hi, 

I just recently found this site and decided I needed to talk to someone. It's easier to talk to faceless people over the internet than be able to read their reactions in real time. I suppose I just need a sounding board. I like to think I'm a rational type person and organizing my thoughts with the help of other people with similar experience helps me cope. I may have some control issues. But I know I need this. Just having read some of the messages and comments over the past few days fills me with a sense of peace and belonging. 

Hi @NssAngel9, and welcome to our AS community.  I'm sorry for the trauma that led you to us, but glad you found our site. It is a supportive place to find a sounding board, with validation and support.   You are not alone in seeking rational organizing to help you cope!  I think many of us need ways to find a sense of control,  to counteract the feelings of loss of control/power that trauma often causes.  I am glad that reading some posts here has helped you feel peace and belonging.  I wish you the best as you find your way around here and continue in your healing,

g

Hi @NssAngel9, welcome!  I was really nervous when I joined a couple of months ago, and I am really glad that I stuck with it—it IS good to process and feel my way through things with others who “get it”.  I look forward to getting to know you better!

Hi @NssAngel9 - welcome to AfterSilence. :)  This is a great place to be - always someone willing to talk and to listen to what you have to say.  I am kind of the same way - more comfortable "talking" online than in person - I think I worry about reading others' reactions, too.  This site has been a godsend! I'm sorry you have reason to be here but I do hope that being 'one of us' will bring you peace, comfort and healing.

Looking forward to getting to know you!

Best wishes,
Capulet

58 minutes ago, NssAngel9 said:

Hi, 

I just recently found this site and decided I needed to talk to someone. It's easier to talk to faceless people over the internet than be able to read their reactions in real time. I suppose I just need a sounding board. I like to think I'm a rational type person and organizing my thoughts with the help of other people with similar experience helps me cope. I may have some control issues. But I know I need this. Just having read some of the messages and comments over the past few days fills me with a sense of peace and belonging. 

Hi NssAngel,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry that you have experienced trauma, but as you already probably have seen, this is a very supportive site. I agree it can be easier to talk to people who understand, but yet it is not face to face. This is a good place for exactly that. I wish you the best as you walk down this healing path.

Mary

:supportu: 

Hello @NssAngel9 and welcome. Like the others here I am sorry you belong here but am happy you found the site. It really does help to hear from others who can truly understand. And yes the anonymity of being behind a keyboard or screen helps too. This is a wonderful supportive community that I too am fairly new to but it has already made a difference to me. Go at your own pace. You will find things that resonate for you and others that may not. Sometimes I just feel called to open up or respond and other times I just can’t. And it’s ok! That’s what’s great about this kind of forum. Again welcome and I support you!