Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Noob here, first post

Lwaxana

Afternoon everyone, I've been seriously procrastinating coming to post here. I joined and was approved a few weeks ago and have been so scared to type my story, but I know I need to share and need support. I am hopeful I will be able to soon, and am already thankful this place exists. 
Thanks for being here <3 

Hi, and welcome!  I think you’ll find this a healing place to be, and I know you’ll get lots of support here.  

Take all the time you need, and for what it’s worth, I kind of thought you were “supposed to” share your story here, but after being here several weeks I’ve realized that it is just one of many ways you can interact with this community.  So don’t think you have to be in any kind of hurry, ok?  Take your time, get comfortable, look around—all on your own timetable.

i look forward to getting to know you!

Take your time, @Lwaxana - we're all here to stay. :)  You don't have to rush into story-telling right away...whenever you are ready, we will be, too. 

So, welcome to After Silence...you are among one of the finest communities I have ever had the pleasure of belonging to.  The people are fantastic and I truly hope you like what you see.  I am sorry you have reason to be here but hope that being among us brings you peace, comfort and healing.  

Take good care,
Capulet

Hi Lwaxana welcome to AS. I am sorry for whay you have been through. I am glad you reached out to us. Take your time going over our site, there is no pressure or time limited to share, some chose to never share everything.  This site is for you and to know you are not allow.

Patricia 

Thank you so much everyone, all of your words mean so much to me. I'm not sure how to reply to individual comments but I hope you all see this. You've already helped my hurting heart <3 

Hello and welcome! I second what everyone else has already said- the great part about this site is that you can interact how and where you see fit. There is no obligation. You will feel called to respond to certain posts or people and maybe not as much to others. Also I am sorry that you belong here but happy you found your way to this site. 

10 hours ago, Lwaxana said:

Afternoon everyone, I've been seriously procrastinating coming to post here. I joined and was approved a few weeks ago and have been so scared to type my story, but I know I need to share and need support. I am hopeful I will be able to soon, and am already thankful this place exists. 
Thanks for being here <3 

Hi Lwaxana,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry you have reason to be here, but do know this is a very supportive site. Our members are very understanding and kind. It's ok to take it slow, it is certainly how I started when I came here a few years ago. I wish you well as you walk the path of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

@Lwaxana welcome to AS and take your time with sharing there’s no rush. This site is very supportive and has helped me a lot since I’ve joined back in May. I wish you nothing but positive and healing vibes during your healing journey.

@YellowAsh Thank you so much, I see a lot of caring and supportive people here and feel safer and safer with every visit.