Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Thank you

Heart

Hi one and all. 

Thank you for allowing I to join this forum, It means a lot, I have been living for 40 plus years in utter silence as a survivor of sexual and physical abuse, never really knowing who to turn too or even knowing if I could place my trust in another human being let alone talk about it, I was dumped into a Childs home and left to fend for myself against all kinds of abuse even now Im too shocked to talk about, hence the reason why Im here, I need to find a way talk or write it out, if that works, I don't know

It wasn't until recently when someone (not on this forum) triggered a memory I thought I had deeply buried its opened up a wound I have no idea how to heal so any ideas are welcome

to date I have my own family, a loving wife and three children of my own who all love me for who I am,  but I still feel lonely inadequate as a husband and a father

thank you for looking

Heart

Welcome @Heart. I was also very scared of talking about this in real life and have found that 'talking' about it on here and writing it out first often helps me also open up about it with my T or partner. I hope you find a way of breaking your silence and wish you all the best for your healing journey. 

10 hours ago, Heart said:

Hi one and all. 

Thank you for allowing I to join this forum, It means a lot, I have been living for 40 plus years in utter silence as a survivor of sexual and physical abuse, never really knowing who to turn too or even knowing if I could place my trust in another human being let alone talk about it, I was dumped into a Childs home and left to fend for myself against all kinds of abuse even now Im too shocked to talk about, hence the reason why Im here, I need to find a way talk or write it out, if that works, I don't know

It wasn't until recently when someone (not on this forum) triggered a memory I thought I had deeply buried its opened up a wound I have no idea how to heal so any ideas are welcome

to date I have my own family, a loving wife and three children of my own who all love me for who I am,  but I still feel lonely inadequate as a husband and a father

thank you for looking

Heart

Hi Heart,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have endured. It wasn't right or fair to you. You will find this site very supportive with many understanding and kind members. You are no longer alone. Sometimes it does take many years for some of us to start to face what we've endured and look for a path of healing. Don't be mistaken, you have taken the first huge step. You will be surprised at how much you relate to others, despite our varying experiences. Take your time and look around. I wish you well on your continuing journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

Hello @Heart

Welcome to the AS community. Many of us understand how difficult it can be to talk about or even think about the traumas that have happened. It can help to be in a safe place with others who get it and although our stories are all different a lot of our experiences and feelings are similar. I am glad you have a loving family now, but I understand how it is to still feel lonely because of having difficult memories to grapple with. I wish you all the best in your healing,

g

Thank you for all your kind words, 

It allways seems so much easier to keep quiet, remain silent, not heard and deeply bury the past out of sight out of mind... its going to take some time to find the words to describe events past that I have spent all this time hiding from, I thank you all for allowing I to express this here on this forum

Thank you

Heart