Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

TeaLove

Hello. I am a mother of two beautiful young children, who has been struggling with my past. I hope to find guidance or advice to help me the best mom I can be, and not let my past interfere with my present. As it has been doing increasingly lately. Thankyou all for allowing me to join this community. 

Hello @TeaLove, and welcome to AS!  I'm sorry to hear that you're currently dealing with past struggles but I am hopeful that by being here among others who can relate and understand will help bring you peace, comfort and healing.  

I too am a mom to 2 loves of my life - my children are a bit older now, and I've put my healing and my progress on hold many times throughout the last 18 years...am starting to work on me now!   So it's wonderful to see your determination to juggle healing and motherhood - it's not easy to do but it IS doable. :)  

Again, welcome, take your time looking around.  Best wishes and best of luck!

Capulet

2 hours ago, TeaLove said:

Hello. I am a mother of two beautiful young children, who has been struggling with my past. I hope to find guidance or advice to help me the best mom I can be, and not let my past interfere with my present. As it has been doing increasingly lately. Thankyou all for allowing me to join this community. 

Hello and welcome to AS! I’m so sorry for the trauma you’ve endured in the past and is now struggling with it.  You’ve found a safe and helpful place here, where many can relate in there own ways.  Take you time and get to know the site.  You will find a lot of supportive people here and I hope being here will help you during this difficult time.  Best wishes on your healing journey. 

PB

Hi TeaLove,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for what you have endured, but do know this is a very supportive site. You will find many members that are understanding and kind. It's a big step to reach out and I am sure many more forward steps are yet to come. I wish you well on this journey.

Mary

:notalone: 

11 hours ago, TeaLove said:

WElcome @TeaLove!  You have courage to make strides in recovery...this is another step.  My two charges are now married with children.  I'm a grandma of 4 now.  It was a long haul.  I dealt with amnesia, schizoaffective disorder and multiple hospitalizations...along with a family situation with siblings.  Tonight i had a long talk with my sister and opened a wound...not a big one, but we cleared the air a little.  It's progress...I hope you find everything you need to  help you on the journey and I pray I can be a part of that.  -POM

On 06/09/2018 at 1:39 PM, TeaLove said:

Hi TeaLove,  I understand how you feel , I was a mom of young daughters and I worried what happened to me would happen to them. I taught them to respect their bodies. One of the things I did teach them was they didn't have to hug people even me or my husband. They had the right to say no. It also taught them when they started dating that they have the right to say no.  Both my girls are grown women now,, one is a hugger one isn't but it all comes down to their choice. 

Patricia