Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi I’m new.

Hi have only just joined but hope in time I will get to know people and share my story. Sorry I’m really apprehensive I hope people will be able to understand me here and that it will be a supportive environment. Really need someone on my side right now.

@Adarasanderson Welcome!! I'm rather new myself but starting to get a hang of using the forum. So far I've experienced so much support and even just reading through pages makes me feel very understood. You are not alone here and there are plenty of forums to find just where your thoughts and feelings belong and can be supported. :) 

We're all here for each other whenever you need it :):) 

Hi @Adarasanderson.  I’ll gladly be on your side!  I’m kind of new here too, and it is just like @leosun says: 

13 minutes ago, leosun said:

So far I've experienced so much support and even just reading through pages makes me feel very understood.

Look around, say what helps you, take your time, and welcome.

Welcome to AS, @Adarasanderson!!!

This is a great place to find support from people who can relate and understand.  I'm so sorry to hear of the circumstances that have brought you here but I do hope that being here and getting to know the members here will bring you eventual peace, comfort and healing!!

Best wishes, and again, welcome, we are happy to have you!
Capulet

Thank you so much for your kind messages, it really means a lot to know that when I am feeling like I can’t trust anyone around me at least I have a space here to be myself and feel like I am being listened to by the people here.  Thank you.

5 hours ago, Adarasanderson said:

Hi have only just joined but hope in time I will get to know people and share my story. Sorry I’m really apprehensive I hope people will be able to understand me here and that it will be a supportive environment. Really need someone on my side right now.

Hi Adarasanderson,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have endured, but you have found a supportive and safe place. Our members are understanding and kind. Take your time and look around and share what and when you are ready. There is no pressure or judgment. You took a very big step by reaching out and I wish you many more forward steps on your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone: