Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Trying to heal my heart.

I hope so, too!!!  This is a great place to start in your search for support.  The people are fantastic here.  I'm so sorry to hear of what has brought you here but hope that you find the comfort and peace you seek!

Welcome to AS!

Best wishes,
Capulet

5 hours ago, MissingMyHappiness said:

I am a middle-aged woman who was molested as a child and raped by my husband for too many years. I'm not even sure where to start dealing with my past. I feel so alone and an outcast and am not sure where to begin to heal. I hope I can start here.

Hi MissingMyHappiness,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for all the trauma you've endured, both as a child and as an adult. There is no reason at anytime that how you have been traumatized is ok. It takes a great deal of courage to reach out, but I am glad you have. Take your time and look around and do know you are no longer alone. I wish you the best as you continue to take steps on your journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone:

5 hours ago, MissingMyHappiness said:

I am a middle-aged woman who was molested as a child and raped by my husband for too many years. I'm not even sure where to start dealing with my past. I feel so alone and an outcast and am not sure where to begin to heal. I hope I can start here.

Hi missingMH welcome to AS. I am sorry for the tramua that you have been through.  I was molested too as a child. You find that here you may see the term CSA it means Child sexually abuse. I am sorry for your husband did to you, its not right, this is a person you should have been able to trust.

You will not feel alone or an outcast here. Oh I think I am pass middle age getting close to old now. 

Patricia