Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello!

It’s great to be part of a group where so many can share their stories without any judgement or criticism. I’m new to the group, thought I’d say hi and that I’d appreciate support from more experienced members who can guide me in this journey. It is a journey of pain and struggle no doubt but as long as we can find comfort in each other, maybe it can be tolerable.

I very recently started telling my story and have been faced with opposition and disbelief from all sides, having a hard time coping and dealing with those that question my character and reality. 

Hello @caligirl99 - 

A hearty welcome to AfterSilence!  

This is a great place to find an abundance of support.  The people here are kind, compassionate and truly 'get' you.  We are all in different stages of healing - but are on the same (winding) road.  It will have been 22 years for me this coming fall.  There are times when it feels as if it were only yesterday and other times when I feel SO much less affected by things that happened in the past.  I suppose it all depends on whatever life is throwing at me at the same time.  Either way, this is truly a safe place and I am TRULY grateful to have found this site; it's a GODSEND.  No one here is critical, no one here judges.  While I'm truly sorry for the circumstances that have brought you to AS, I hope that being here with us brings you peace, comfort and healing.

Am here if you ever need to reach out.  

Best wishes, and again - welcome.
Capulet

Hi Cali welcome to AS. I am sorry for the trauma that you have been. It's hard for some people to understand when we have been through a trauma.

You will find support here and people who will understand.

Patricia

5 hours ago, caligirl99 said:

It’s great to be part of a group where so many can share their stories without any judgement or criticism. I’m new to the group, thought I’d say hi and that I’d appreciate support from more experienced members who can guide me in this journey. It is a journey of pain and struggle no doubt but as long as we can find comfort in each other, maybe it can be tolerable.

I very recently started telling my story and have been faced with opposition and disbelief from all sides, having a hard time coping and dealing with those that question my character and reality. 

Hi caligirl,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you endured, but you truly have found a supportive site. There are many understanding and kind members here. It takes courage to speak out against the injustice done to you and I am sorry you are left with opposition and disbelief. Be assured that you and your experience is validated here. You are not alone. I do wish you the very best as you begin this sometimes tricky healing path.

Mary

:notalone: 

Thank you so much for the kind words of encouragement and support! I look forward to posting my experience in the appropriate section of this forum, it’s certainly been hard finding a safe place to share it but I think I’m finally ready to process it.

Thanks again to all who replied, appreciate it!

Hi @caligirl99

I just want to add my voice to the welcoming! I am sorry that you are being met with disbelief. That in itself can feel like another trauma on top of what you went through. Rest assured that here you will be believed and supported! 

take care

g

Hi @caligirl99 and welcome to AS. I am so sorry for the pain and trauma that brought you here. AS is a very safe place to share anything with out rejection or judgement, a place I am so thankful to have. Its a site full of amazing people that are supportive caring and very helpful. Feel free to look around share and make new friends.