Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I'm back

It's been a few years since I last used this site. I was diagnosed with PTSD from abuse and assault when I was 12 and 13, I was 19 when formally diagnosed. I went through multiple years of therapy and successfully completed EMDR therapy not too long ago. I had not had many episodes for about a year and a half. I am now starting law school and am finding with the increased stress that I am having stronger reactions to my triggers again and am very upset by this fact. I'm not sure what I'm looking for here, just don't like feeling weak and confused anymore.

Welcome Back to AS glad to see you again. Sorry your increased stress has caused some triggers again, your always welcome and cared for here at AS

On 8/11/2018 at 12:03 PM, tgdouglas11 said:

It's been a few years since I last used this site. I was diagnosed with PTSD from abuse and assault when I was 12 and 13, I was 19 when formally diagnosed. I went through multiple years of therapy and successfully completed EMDR therapy not too long ago. I had not had many episodes for about a year and a half. I am now starting law school and am finding with the increased stress that I am having stronger reactions to my triggers again and am very upset by this fact. I'm not sure what I'm looking for here, just don't like feeling weak and confused anymore.

Hi tgdoughlas,

Welcome back to the site. I am very sorry to hear you are struggling right now, but AS is the same supportive site you probably remember. We are here for you and wish you well as you continue down this tricky path of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Welcome back @tgdouglas11 Good for you for starting law school! That is huge. :) I am sorry though that your PTSD is 'reactivated', I found that similar things happened when I went back to school years ago. I'm glad you reached out here. Hoping that you will feel self-empowerment by deciding to help yourself at this time. You're stronger than you think! :supportu:

@tgdouglas11

I'm very proud of you. I know, who am I? But I am proud of you for fighting so hard. I've come close a few times...always slipping back. But it's progress, not perfection. PTSD is a complicated battle with many set backs. Trust in your faith system and developing a support group are two vital needs. I'm still unsure of this site and if any advice is not good. I want to help. It's the only thing that keeps me sane. Please forgive me if I err. - POM