Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Scared, excited, sad, solitary

I’ve been looking at this site for a while.  It took a while to get approved and as that made me mistrust my judgment and my worth.  I am getting pretty tired of being scared and sleepless.

Hi, @Hoping8 -

Welcome!!!!  I hope you are liking the site so far and finding it helpful. I'm so sorry for the circumstances that have brought you here but hope you are able to gain some comfort from being among many others who understand.

I, too, am very much a night owl.  

Take care and again, welcome.

Best wishes,
Capulet

Thank you.  I didn’t realize that my DOB would be displayed.  I know that it is unlikely but I am very afraid of being “found”.  Do you know how I can remove that info??  The edit profile tab doesn’t seem to do it.

I hear you - I worried about that too, as well as my location being displayed.  

Fear not, though - you may be able to see it when you try and edit your own information but I cannot when I visit your profile to check.  I see no DOB nor location listed. :)  So, no worries, I think you're good!

Really!!???  Thanks so much for telling me that.  I really want this community but I was feeling very stressed about the specific info being displayed, and thinking about cancelling.  From my side, your location just says USA and there is no date of birth at all.

Hi Hoping8 welcome to AS.  I am glad you found our site.  I am sorry for the tramua that you have been through. I am sorry it took so long for you to to get approved. The staff try there best and I know the moderator want to make sure this is a safe place but I am glad you are here.

Only you can see your birthday, my birthday shows up because when I signed we were on the old systems, but the new one only you can see it.

I am a night owl too , it's 2:40 am here.

Just too let you  know anything you put in your is public and the welcome is public. 

Take your time looking over the site and remember you are not alone here. 

Patricia 

@Hoping8

Correct. :)  

From my side, when I see my own posts, my DOB shows.  It won't be visible to others, and no one will have that information unless you personally share with them. :)  I also chose that I would allow the USA part to be displayed.  It's a pretty big country and I'm okay with sharing that much, even if I don't share the state.

Patricia is correct too - all your posts on the boards are public, though.  And blogs are searchable by members and non-members as well.  Your Personal Messenger content, is private though.  

Do what you need to do in order to keep yourself safe.  You can always message one of the moderators if you feel compromised and they will indeed be able to help you.

Take care,
Cap

6 hours ago, Hoping8 said:

I’ve been looking at this site for a while.  It took a while to get approved and as that made me mistrust my judgment and my worth.  I am getting pretty tired of being scared and sleepless.

Hi Hoping,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you endured, but you have found a very supportive site. The members here are kinda and understanding. Please be assured, you are very worthy of being here and we validate the pain and struggles you have gone thru. It is not easy to reach out, but I am glad you did. There is something said for being able to interact with others who do not judge and will accept you. You are not alone. I wish you the best on your journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone:

Oh, and FYI, so you are not confused as what is public and what is private, I have attached a link below. This can help you steer clear of areas that are viewable to non-members.

http://www.aftersilence.org/forum/index.php?/topic/125195-public-and-private-content-on-after-silence/