Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New

Hi I'm Suzanne

My life changed 18 years ago and I told no-one until my husband of 15 years begged me to tell him what was wrong because I had started drinking quite heavily to cope (didn't work).  My 2 children had all grown up and I had managed to (nearly) 'block it out' for their childhood.  The memories came flooding back when my daughter reached the age where she would go out drinking with her friends (my drink was spiked all those years ago) and I was beside myself with worry, I wouldn't sleep and would text her and track her location on an app.  I have now also told her about the rape, so she understands that I'm not crazy obsessive over her growing up and being an adult.  They have both been amazing but I have got to the point where I don't really want to talk about it anymore with them, so I thought joining this forum may help xx

Hello!  Welcome to AS!

This forum is a great place to seek support and understanding - you are not alone...and you've certainly taken a huge step in signing up and introducing yourself.

I'm so sorry to hear of the circumstances that have brought you by - but sincerely hope that being here brings you peace, healing and comfort.  Looking forward to getting to know you!

Best wishes.
Capulet

hi,

sorry to hear about what happened.  I am new here too and have found it very helpful so far.

welsome ot the group!

2 hours ago, Suzyem said:

Hi I'm Suzanne

My life changed 18 years ago and I told no-one until my husband of 15 years begged me to tell him what was wrong because I had started drinking quite heavily to cope (didn't work).  My 2 children had all grown up and I had managed to (nearly) 'block it out' for their childhood.  The memories came flooding back when my daughter reached the age where she would go out drinking with her friends (my drink was spiked all those years ago) and I was beside myself with worry, I wouldn't sleep and would text her and track her location on an app.  I have now also told her about the rape, so she understands that I'm not crazy obsessive over her growing up and being an adult.  They have both been amazing but I have got to the point where I don't really want to talk about it anymore with them, so I thought joining this forum may help xx

Hi Suzanne and welcome to AS. I'm very sorry about what happened to you. I'm glad you found After Silence. It's a nice community here. There are many caring and supportive people here. Take your time to look around the site and post when you feel ready and comfortable :notalone: :aswelcomesu:

Hi Suzanne,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for what happened to you 18 years ago, but you have found a very supportive site. I am happy you have a husband and daughter who are supportive of you, but I understand it may be difficult to continue leaning on them. You can truly find that support here among our many kind and understanding members. I do wish you the best as you navigate this journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone: