Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello..

Hello everyone. I've come to this site numerous times in the past few months but never had the strength to sign up. I kept trying to ignore everything that happened but today I'm having a very low day so I decided to make that first step. No one knows and I've been feeling extremely alone for a long time. I can't keep living this way so I'm ready to start my journey towards finding comfort and healing.

Welcome to AfterSilence, @Looking4theSun!!!

I am sorry that you're having a bad day but yay for signing up and saying hello. :)  That's an incredibly brave first step to take, and you should be proud of yourself for having done so.

The name's Cap and I've been here for a looooong time (I did take a break for a few years) and I still believe this is a great place to be when you're needing support.  I hope that being here brings you peace and healing, and eventually you'll find that sun. 

Best wishes, 
Capulet

49 minutes ago, Looking4theSun said:

Hello everyone. I've come to this site numerous times in the past few months but never had the strength to sign up. I kept trying to ignore everything that happened but today I'm having a very low day so I decided to make that first step. No one knows and I've been feeling extremely alone for a long time. I can't keep living this way so I'm ready to start my journey towards finding comfort and healing.

Hi Sun welcome to AS.  I am sorry for the tramua that you have been through. Like the others have said taking that first step is the hardest and you have done it. We all know what it feels like to feel so low but I can tell you this is a safe place and we are here , you don't need to take this journey of healing alone.

Patricia

1 hour ago, Looking4theSun said:

@Looking4theSun 

Welcome to AS!   I am sorry for the trauma you experienced.  I think you will find a vsupportive community here.   Each journey toward recovery is different.  One of the first things is to be good to yourself.   :notalone::aswelcomesu:  

@LookingfortheSun

Hi, I'm new here too. Welcome to the group!

Everyone is so supportive here, I think you will find it helpful