Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hoping to start healing

I’m honestly not sure if I’m doing this right? I’m brand new and still don’t really know where to post so if this is not the right place please let me know . I came across this page after watching 13 reasons why, which was a HUGE trigger for me. I’ve suppressed so many memories and feelings for the last 18 years and I really want to start somewhere on my path to healing. I want to share my story and hopefully make friends that understand me and can help support me and find answers with. I’ve been quiet for too long and I want to give my soul its voice. I’m so nervous even writing this because there are only 3 people who know about my abuse and they don’t understand. I want to reach out to people and ask them if they have the same issues I do , what I should do next , just everything. I hope to find peace. 

Hi ItsMeV,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that brought you here, but do know you are not alone. Do know your struggles and uncertainty normal and your experiences are validated here. You will find kindness and support from our members, as they do understand. Take your time and you will become comfortable with the site. I wish you the very best on your journey of healing.

Mary

Welcome to AS @ItsMeV, I'm sorry to hear you've needed to suppress for so long, it is very difficult. I am glad you have 3 people who know, but it's completely understandable you want to reach out more to people who do know what it's like. When you reach 10 posts, you will have access to the Share Your Story forum. I wish you peace and healing and plenty of support! :notalone: :youcanheal:

Hello there, @ItsMeV, welcome to AfterSilence!!!!  

So sorry to hear of the circumstances that have brought you here, but am very glad that you've found us.  This is a great place filled with supportive, loving, kind and understanding souls from all over the globe.  You are definitely not alone here and I hope that being among us all will bring you peace and comfort and ultimately, healing.  

I, too, waited a while to tackle the whole healing process - so I understand that need to 'start somewhere.'  And so having done so by signing up here is a tremendous leap for you and I think you should be very proud of yourself for having taken the first steps toward a happier, healthier you. :)

Best wishes,
Capulet

Hi @itsmev I am new here as well.  I am sorry to hear about what has happened to you.  It has been my place to start as well.  There are many great people here and a lot of information to help.  It's also a great place to vent.  ☺ welcome to the group! 

6 hours ago, fallenstar said:

Welcome to AS @ItsMeV, I'm sorry to hear you've needed to suppress for so long, it is very difficult. I am glad you have 3 people who know, but it's completely understandable you want to reach out more to people who do know what it's like. When you reach 10 posts, you will have access to the Share Your Story forum. I wish you peace and healing and plenty of support! :notalone: :youcanheal:

Thank you so much! 

3 hours ago, Struggling88 said:

Hi, ItsMeV, and welcome! :wave: This site has been very supportive and helpful for me. Lots of other survivors who get it. You’re not alone! 

Thank you! I’m nervous but I know this will be good for me 

Hi ItsMeV,

Welcome to AS! I found 13 reasons why triggering as well. Many here can relate to dealing with suppressed memories years later, I think you will find lots of supportive and validating survivors here to talk to!

8 hours ago, silentg said:

Hi ItsMeV,

Welcome to AS! I found 13 reasons why triggering as well. Many here can relate to dealing with suppressed memories years later, I think you will find lots of supportive and validating survivors here to talk to!

Thank you so much for the welcome. I’m finding out that there is tons of support here and I’m appreciative 😊