Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello I'm new

Hello I'm new here. So glad I found this. Maybe I can take some of the stress off my husband now. He's the only one who knows everything and he's been a huge help. He'll even sleep with the light on if I need it. 

Hello!  Welcome to AS. :)

I am hopeful that you will love it here and that being here brings you peace, comfort and healing.

Your husband sounds amazing! :)

Best wishes,
Capulet

Thank you. He's been my rock with all of this. I have hid my pain for about 15 years. No one knows what my life has been but him and when I did open up I had to type it out because I'm a selective mute. 

10 minutes ago, Mirden said:

Thank you. He's been my rock with all of this. I have hid my pain for about 15 years. No one knows what my life has been but him and when I did open up I had to type it out because I'm a selective mute. 

Well, it matters none how you communicate things - what matters is you're getting things out and you're allowing him (and perhaps others now) to support you throughout your healing journey.  

I, too, choose to type things out - it sometimes makes certain words and feelings easier to convey that way.  There are so, SO many ways to get your thoughts out - writing is my personal favorite and being able to do so has been a tremendous outlet.

Wishing you luck - I'm sure you'll fit in here with no troubles! 

Capulet

37 minutes ago, Mirden said:

Hello I'm new here. So glad I found this. Maybe I can take some of the stress off my husband now. He's the only one who knows everything and he's been a huge help. He'll even sleep with the light on if I need it. 

Hi Morden, welcome to AS, I am sorry for the tramua that you have been through. You will find this to  be a supportive site.  I am like you and have a very supportive husband. I know he likes it that a found a place where I feel safe.

Patricia 

Hi Mirden,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry you have reason to be here, but you have found a very supportive site. Our members are kind and understanding. I am glad you have solid support in your husband and I understand how you may not want to over-stress him. He sounds like a gem. I wish you the best on your journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

4 hours ago, Mirden said:

Welcome to AS. Sorry to hear about your trauma and I am so thankful that you have a supportive husband I know that can be rough too though. He sounds like an amazing guy for you. You have Definately found a supportive place here. I'd recommend taking your time to look around chat with folks in the forums share at a pace your comfortable with. I'm glad you found us here amd I look forward to hearing more from you

On 2018-07-12 at 6:30 PM, Mirden said:

Welcome to AS @Mirden

I am glad your husband is supportive, mine is too and it makes things easier but it’s also good to have other survivors to talk to I find. I hope you can find your way around here and feel supported in your healing.