Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New to this

Hi everyone im new to this and really needed to find a place to share since i live in smalltown that covers everything up and people are so insensitive It says to share in the Share your story forum I do not see it can someone help me find it I really want to share with other survivors who will listen know what it is like :(

Hello @roseydove85,

Welcome to AfterSilence!!! I'm so sorry to hear that you've been brought here as a result of trauma but am hopeful that you will find tons of support, comfort and healing here.  Everyone here is willing to listen and the amount of understanding and compassion is phenomenal.  

The 'Share Your Story' forum is accessible after you've reached a minimum of 10 posts, I believe.  I'm not sure if being able to see it is a part of this restriction but in order to post there, you'll have to post eight more times in other forums/boards that you DO see.  There's plenty of time to get to sharing - but in the meantime, feel free to get a feel for the site and the wonderful sense of community we have here by browsing other places first.

Again - welcome.  Looking forward to getting to know you!  Wishing you lots of luck and healing!

Best wishes,
Capulet

43 minutes ago, roseydove85 said:

Hi everyone im new to this and really needed to find a place to share since i live in smalltown that covers everything up and people are so insensitive It says to share in the Share your story forum I do not see it can someone help me find it I really want to share with other survivors who will listen know what it is like :(

Hi rose welcome to AS. I am sorry for the tramua that you have been through. You will find this to be a supportive site. @Capulet is right you need 10 post to share your story in the Share Your Story forum but you are welcomed to share in the other forums, just don't go into to much details. Once you have 10 post the forum will be there for you. Take your time looking over the site.

Patricia 

46 minutes ago, mumnut0p1a said:

I'm new too. Not sure what to do?

Hi minute, welcome to AS. I am sorry for the tramua that you have been through. It can be overwhelming when you first come to a new a site but remember we were all in your place at one time. Take your time looking over the site, you are not alone here.

Patricia 

12 hours ago, roseydove85 said:

Hi rosey,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you've endured, but you will find this a very supportive site. It can be hard to find support in a small town or even a big city sometimes. I know it isn't easy and many times people just don't understand. Here at AS you will find many understanding and kind members and you are not alone anymore. Take your time to look around. I wish you the best on your journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone:

8 hours ago, mumnut0p1a said:

I'm new too. Not sure what to do?

Hi mumnut0p1a,

A warm welcome to you, as well. I am very sorry you have reason to be here, but do know you will find tons of support. Take your time and look around, there is no pressure or judgment. I wish you the best on your journey of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal: 

I’m super new too! Still don’t know how to navigate this and not sure what goes where? 🤷🏽‍♀️ Guess we can figure it out together. I’m happy to be a listening ear. Hope everything is well.