Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I am new here.. my story is a messy one.. I'm hoping to find some support and someone that knows what my mind feels like... I'm trying to not feel so lost, lonely, and other feelings I just can't explain...

I hope being here helps me with healing and a better understanding of my past.

Hi Athena,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you've endured, but do know that you have found a very supportive site. Our members are understanding and kind. Unfortunately all you feel, even if you can't explain, is normal. Trying to process and get thru struggles are not so easy. Tho there may be many stories here, we all are bonded by trying to heal from what happened. You are not alone anymore. Please take your time and look around. I wish you well on this path of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Many of us think that. Until I found this site, I never even acknowledged what happened was wrong or effecting me in any way, tho it effected me in almost every way. I spent decades denying the trauma I had been thru. I finally became tired of the denial. Each of us reaches our own point where it doesn't work anymore. And reaching that point, we make that first big step. No matter how long ago you think you should have started working thru it, what matters is that you are ready now.

Hi @Athena0569, and a hearty welcome to AfterSilence.  This is a great place to be to gain support and you're among friends here - people who truly understand what you are going through right now.  While I am so sorry to hear of the circumstances that have brought you here, I hope that being here brings you both comfort and healing!

Looking forward to getting to know you and accompanying you on this journey - we're all in different places but the road ahead is a common one.  Having company and support makes it all easier.

Best wishes and again - welcome.

Capulet

Welcome, and I hope and believe you will find support here to help you work through your trauma.:notalone:

@Mumnut0p1a I know how you feel... I have been through so much and don't even know where to start... some of this I have been ignoring for years... but I'm ready to deal with it. I think... but hopefully you find what works for you during your healing process.

Edited by Athena0569