Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Newly Arrived

Just to introduce me, I'm an older person and my trauma was many years ago. I've just had a new realisation about it and thought some support would help. I'm a counsellor myself, but while we may be great with our clients, we are often no different to anyone else trying to sort ourselves out!

Welcome @crybaby.  I'm sorry you have suffered that trauma, and I am also glad you have come here for some support.  My abuses were very many years ago too, with some very fresh realizations.  I look forward to getting to know you around the boards. :notalone:

Thanks Patty. I am just having a look round. This is a big place. I guess it takes time to work out where best to put different types of post. Hopefully I will soon be familiar with it all.

Yes, it is big, but I think you will find your way around soon enough.  A nice general forum to start with is Gathering Place, a place for support.  Best wishes.

Hi crybaby, welcome to AS.  I don't think you are old as me, I'm 63. My tramua happened many years ago too. For the most part I do ok but it still comes up and I have to deal with it. The site may seem overwhelming at first but take your time getting us to it and us. 

9 minutes ago, crybaby said:

Thanks Patty. I am just having a look round. This is a big place. I guess it takes time to work out where best to put different types of post. Hopefully I will soon be familiar with it all.

Don't worry about putting something in the wrong place, the site has many moderator, if something is out of place it will be moved and you will be notified why. 

@pattyr is right the best place is the Gathering Forum 

Hi crybaby,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you endured many years ago, but you have found a very supportive site. You are not alone. There are all age groups on this site, and many of us trying to overcome our struggles, just as you are.  Take your time and you will become comfortable with the site. I wish you the best on this healing journey.

Mary

:supportu:  

Hello, @crybaby and welcome to AS!

I too am a veteran survivor with some new realizations - it is a rough road to be on but the company and support you gather along the way is a great help and I am truly blessed to have met some wonderful people here.  

I also want to thank you for the counseling work you do with others - people like you are a beacon of light in the darkest of times and to have someone who understands makes a world of a difference as we continue toward healing.  I hope some of us here can be that difference for you, too.

Best wishes,
Capulet

7 hours ago, crybaby said:

Just to introduce me, I'm an older person and my trauma was many years ago. I've just had a new realisation about it and thought some support would help. I'm a counsellor myself, but while we may be great with our clients, we are often no different to anyone else trying to sort ourselves out!

Welcome @crybaby, to AS. Sorry for the trauma that brought you here all those years ago. AS is a great place for support, it seems like everyone is caring and supportive here. Being a councillor and carrying a trauma around has to be very hard and thankless, thanks for helping so many! I hope AS can be a safe place for you to get some self care. Please take your time look around and share at a pace that is good for you, its on your terms here. Glad to welcome you.

One

Thanks for the welcome.

I am sorry you have reason to join too mumnut0p1a, but there seems to be a lot of help here.

I have a lot going on at present so haven't looked around as much as I would have liked yet.