Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello im new!

Hello I am new on here and a bit out of my depth. Don't really know what to say or what i can say as i'm not in many forums.

I thought after talking to an old very understanding friend on facebook i would summon up what little courage and self esteem i have been left with to try and get some support and help with coping with things after bottling everything up for over 30 years.

I have alot of illnesses and it has been suggested some of these have been triggered by traumatic events from the past.

I hope someone is interested enough to want to talk.

I sleep badly so i thought i would chat on forums to keep me occupied.

Thank you

57 minutes ago, Hushbunny said:

Hello I am new on here and a bit out of my depth. Don't really know what to say or what i can say as i'm not in many forums.

I thought after talking to an old very understanding friend on facebook i would summon up what little courage and self esteem i have been left with to try and get some support and help with coping with things after bottling everything up for over 30 years.

I have alot of illnesses and it has been suggested some of these have been triggered by traumatic events from the past.

Thank you

Hi Hushbunny welcome to AS.  I am sorry for the tramua that you have been through.  It can be overwhelming when you try something new. The thing to remember is all of us have felt the same way. Take your time looking over the site,  we are here to help to answer your questions.  

Many of us deal with illness from our abuse.

You are not alone  here.

Patricia 

Hi and welcome @Hushbunny I hear the struggles you have and wanted to let you know you're not alone. I'm glad you found AS, it's a place where you can just be and there's no expectations or pressure. There aren't any judgements or blame toward you either. You can share as little or as much as you're comfortable with. Sleep is something many of us have issue with, we even have a pinned thread all about that! I hope you find ways to cope that are right for you. :supportu: :aswelcomesu:

Hi Hushbunny,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have experienced, but you have found a very supportive site. Our members really are understanding and kind. What you wrote is very similar to me, when I found AS over 3 years ago.  I had been dealing (not dealing) with what happened over 30 years ago on my own. I felt to be at a breaking point when I came here. This site has helped me. I did also after all this time tell one person. I think just acknowledging and verbalizing what happened was one of the bravest things I had ever done...anyone can do. It just took me a long time and the support here to be able to take this step. I wish you luck with expressing your own trauma and struggles, here and with your friend. I also wish you the best on your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone: 

Hello, @Hushbunny and welcome to AS.  This is SUCH a great place to be; there is always an overflowing of support and kindness.  I hope that being here brings you tons of support as well as the inner comfort and peace you seek. :)

I too am dealing with stuff that happened 30+ years ago, as well as some more recent issues.  

I am also a terrible sleeper so am mostly here in the evenings, LOL...when I should be focusing on the inside of my eyelids, I'm often keeping myself occupied with other things!

Please feel free to drop a line if you'd ever like to talk privately.  My box is always open.

Again, welcome...and best wishes.
Capulet

Edited by Capulet

Welcom @Hushbunny I'm glad you came.

I have had a lot of effects from abuse as well.  It helps me to know I'm not alone.  :notalone:

I hope it helps you too. 

On 6/25/2018 at 11:48 PM, Hushbunny said:

Thank you

Welcome hushbunny to AS. I am sorry for all that you went through and for holding in for 30 years had to be so hard. AS is a great place to start and there are so many kind caring individual here that will truely care and support you through this journey of healing and peace. Many of us go through times of being unable to sleep or are natural night owls so I'm sure someone will be able to converse with you. I want to point out your bravery in joining a site like this and encourage you to talk to people here but do so at a pace your comfortable with and not to rush the timing. Something to remember is everyone is on their on journey of healing here some are a bit ahead of you some are way ahead and some may be somewhere behind you so just because we arent in the same place doesn't me we can relate or help. Sending safety and support your way.

• 2 weeks later...