Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hey, I’m a newbie

Hey all! I was recommended to join this site by a friend of mine :) He’s a survivor as well so I really appreciated it and figured I should make an account

I’ve just been lurking through random topics on boards... it’s what I do on a lot of forum sites I come across really haha :P 

So, I’m a F/F child on child sexual abuse survivor... I didn’t realize it was abuse until a few months ago in therapy. Unfortunate that I’m in this site regarding my circumstances n all, but what can you do right?

I hope I can meet a bunch of nice people on here :lol: especially other F/F survivors like me..

Hi PTSD_RyujiSakam,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you endured as a child. There is never a reason for this to be right. You have found a very supportive site with many understanding and kind members. You are not alone. Please "lurk" as much as you feel as necessary and jump in when you feel comfortable. I'm glad your friend recommended us and that you have reached out. I wish you the very best on your healing journey.

Mary

:aswelcomesu:

Hello and welcome to our AS community.  Feel free to look around the boards and share as much or as little as you like. This is a supportive place and although we all have different experiences the impacts of the abuse tend to have a lot of commonalities so I'm sure you will find people you can relate to here.

:notalone:

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for what you have gone through as a child. You will find many different types of abuse here, the sad part is we all feel the same way. You will find support here and you are not alone.

Patricia 

Hello and welcome to AS. I assume your a persona fan? I finished persona golden days a while back and I've been wanting to play the fifth one but i don't have a ps4. :/

I'm also a survivor of childhood sexual abuse or at least I think I am. I've been having flashbacks and nightmares but I don't have any concrete memories of my childhood.

I hope this site helps you. 

On 6/21/2018 at 4:29 AM, MeBeMary said:

Hi PTSD_RyujiSakam,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you endured as a child. There is never a reason for this to be right. You have found a very supportive site with many understanding and kind members. You are not alone. Please "lurk" as much as you feel as necessary and jump in when you feel comfortable. I'm glad your friend recommended us and that you have reached out. I wish you the very best on your healing journey.

Mary

:aswelcomesu:

Hey :) and thank you for your sympathy.. it really means a lot

You're right, there really isn't. What she did was evil whether she was aware of it or not...

Thank you! I wish for the best for your recovery too

On 6/21/2018 at 7:13 PM, silentg said:

Hello and welcome to our AS community.  Feel free to look around the boards and share as much or as little as you like. This is a supportive place and although we all have different experiences the impacts of the abuse tend to have a lot of commonalities so I'm sure you will find people you can relate to here.

:notalone:

Hello :) thanks for the welcome! And I'm glad I'll be able to find who can relate to my situation.. I mean, that IS why these forums are made ;) 

10 hours ago, patriciag said:

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for what you have gone through as a child. You will find many different types of abuse here, the sad part is we all feel the same way. You will find support here and you are not alone.

Patricia 

Hey there! Thank you for your support.. :)

Unfortunately that's true.. I was reading a few other threads and some people said a bit about what happened to them and some made me so sad.

But the good thing about us feeling the same is that we can potentially heal together and empathize with each other better too

9 hours ago, CrimsonRegrets said:

Hello and welcome to AS. I assume your a persona fan? I finished persona golden days a while back and I've been wanting to play the fifth one but i don't have a ps4. :/

I'm also a survivor of childhood sexual abuse or at least I think I am. I've been having flashbacks and nightmares but I don't have any concrete memories of my childhood.

I hope this site helps you. 

Hi! I am a Persona fan, yes, haha. I got into P4 back in high school during sophomore-junior year I believe? I'm watching a playthrough of 5 because I don't have a PS4 either 👎

I'm sorry you don't remember </3 I get that feeling.. though I hope you remember so you can heal properly :)

@PTSD_RyujiSakamoto Thanks I hope I can remember someday though I'm kindve afraid to because whenever i've come close to remembering something I get worse. I have horrible panic attacks and I become severely depressed so I'm afraid that if I do remember i may not be able to handle it. My anxiety and depression are already bad I feel like remembering may make it worse.

Yeah I love watching playthroughs of games. It's nice because I can't always afford the games I want but I can still enjoy them for free. I haven't watched any playthroughs of persona tho cuz i still want to play it myself. :)

Welcome @PTSD_RyujiSakamoto I'm glad you found AS on recommendation. I'm sorry for what happened to you as a child. It is very confusing especially when another child is involved. I'm not sure if you happened to see, but there is a topic for this under Sexual Assault: Different Types forum. I have also gone through it, the other was also a female. Don't have full memories yet, have lots of dissociative amnesia for childhood, but like you, I didn't know it was abuse for most of my life. Wishing you healing and plenty of support through this.

• 1 month later...