Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Looking for Answers

I'm completely new to all of this as of this weekend. I'm truly lost as to what to do next. I'm 17 and I have been through a lot before this. I just don't know where to start and want to talk to some people who've been where I am. Thanks.

Hello @whitman and welcome to AS.  You started, and I am certain you will find some people who have been through some experiences in common with you.  I'm sorry you have reasons to be here, and I think you will find you are not alone.  I am much older than you, but I was once 17 and had already been through a lot.  I'm glad you are getting started on healing.  I look forward to seeing you around the boards.

Hi whitman,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for what you've been thru, but do know that you have found a very supportive site. I understand the feeling lost and before I came across this site, I had felt so alone with what I had gone thru. The members here are truly understanding and kind, but take your time and look around. You will become more comfortable with the site as you go. I wish you the very best on your journey of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal: 

@whitman Welcome to AS, I am so sorry for the horrible things that have happen to you that has lead you to here, but I am very sure that you will get the answers that you are looking for and meet many people that have been were you are at now, I joined a little bit ago and have found it to be very helpful during my healing process everyone is very nice and supportive here, it is a safe and open space. Again welcome to AS and if their is anything you ever need or you want to talk you can always PM me. 

Hello @whitman, and welcome to AS, although I'm sorry for what brought you here. I had also been through a lot by 17, and I'm sorry that you have gone through so much so young. I think feeling lost is something a lot of us can relate to, and I hope that this place can help you make some connections and start to find your way through it all. It's a supportive place where you can be heard and validated by people who understand what it's like.  You are already making a good start, I didn't start dealing with stuff until I was much older.  Take things at your own pace and be good to yourself, you deserve it.

Hi Whitman, welcome to AS.  Sorry for what you have gone through. Just know you are not alone here. Oh love your profile picture. 

Patricia