Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello everyone,

Im Jessica and nice to meet everyone. So I joined a bit ago and have been reluctate to use this. Now that I am I find myself feeling.. broken? I guess that's a good term for it. I was sexually assaulted three years ago around this time. I never reached out for help. I told my ex boyfriend and other old friends, but that only made matters worse. I think this is a big step for me and I'm still coming to terms of why I am herr, even though I do know why. 

Besides that, I love my dogs and my family. I work full time at a restaurant And I'm also in school pursuing a degree in counseling (ironically, I need to heal before helping others). And I really just want to heal. I look forward to healing with everyone.

Thank you

Hi, I'm new too.

I'm very excited for you that you are able to reach out and find support. I think it's an incredible step that should not he taken for granted.  

I'm sorry for what has happened to you, and your reason for being here. Even if you didn't reach out for help.. You are now. Which is inspiring and impressive. I mean that. 

I can only imagine will make you a better counselor in the future. 

You have my support and my thoughts.  

Hi Jessica,

Welcome to AS!

It is a big deal to start to reach out , so congratulations for taking that brave step! I hope you will find us a supportive community where you will be heard and validated. I think many can understand the feelings you have.  It's wonderful that you are pursuing becoming a counselor, and personally I don't think you should worry about being 'fully healed' I think being  'in process' is more than good enough!  Are any of them fully healed? probably not!  You might want to check out the 'Therapy' section here for lots of interesting discussions about what we call 'T' .  I've learned a lot about T from that forum.

:notalone:

Welcome, Jessica. Anniversaries can be hard, my second year one was last month and it was a hard time for me, but coming here helped. I'm proud of you for trying to work through this. It's awesome you want to be a counselor, but you're right you need to help your self before you can help others. I'll be thinking of you. Hug your furbabies tight! :aswelcomesu:

16 hours ago, sunmodels said:

Hello everyone,

Im Jessica and nice to meet everyone. So I joined a bit ago and have been reluctate to use this. Now that I am I find myself feeling.. broken? I guess that's a good term for it. I was sexually assaulted three years ago around this time. I never reached out for help. I told my ex boyfriend and other old friends, but that only made matters worse. I think this is a big step for me and I'm still coming to terms of why I am herr, even though I do know why. 

Besides that, I love my dogs and my family. I work full time at a restaurant And I'm also in school pursuing a degree in counseling (ironically, I need to heal before helping others). And I really just want to heal. I look forward to healing with everyone.

Thank you

Hi Jessica,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you experienced three years ago, but you will find tons of support. Our members are understanding and kind. It's not easy to reach out, so I acknowledge that very brave step. Take your time and look around and I'm sure you will find it easier, as you go. You say you don't know why your here, but I think you are here for much of the same reasons as many of us. The struggles that hard to deal with resulting from your assault. Our stories all vary, but there is a thread that binds us all...we want to heal...and we have every right to heal. I wish you the very best as you continue this journey we call healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

14 hours ago, Bunny_99 said:

Hi, I'm new too.

I'm very excited for you that you are able to reach out and find support. I think it's an incredible step that should not he taken for granted.  

I'm sorry for what has happened to you, and your reason for being here. Even if you didn't reach out for help.. You are now. Which is inspiring and impressive. I mean that. 

I can only imagine will make you a better counselor in the future. 

You have my support and my thoughts.  

Hello!

Thank you for your kind words. I'm finding this experience more positive than I have anticipated. It's nice also meeting a newbie, so I am also excited for you as well in taking this step. I'm just realizing how important support is. 

Thank you again for your kind words, they mean the world 

7 hours ago, MeBeMary said:

Hi Jessica,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you experienced three years ago, but you will find tons of support. Our members are understanding and kind. It's not easy to reach out, so I acknowledge that very brave step. Take your time and look around and I'm sure you will find it easier, as you go. You say you don't know why your here, but I think you are here for much of the same reasons as many of us. The struggles that hard to deal with resulting from your assault. Our stories all vary, but there is a thread that binds us all...we want to heal...and we have every right to heal. I wish you the very best as you continue this journey we call healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

Hi Mary,

Thank you for your kind words. I hear what you're saying and it speaks a lot to me. I think this forum will be good for me, and I look forward towards interacting more with people who are attempting to heal from their assault. You're right when you say all of our stories vary, but we are still connected. Thank you again for your support

9 hours ago, CurlyQueen said:

Welcome, Jessica. Anniversaries can be hard, my second year one was last month and it was a hard time for me, but coming here helped. I'm proud of you for trying to work through this. It's awesome you want to be a counselor, but you're right you need to help your self before you can help others. I'll be thinking of you. Hug your furbabies tight! :aswelcomesu:

Hello CurlyQueen,

This anniversary was definitely rough and has lead me here. I don't want to live how I have been, so I am excited and scared for this next step. I will buy my for babies! Thank you again for the support and encouragement

14 hours ago, silentg said:

Hi Jessica,

Welcome to AS!

It is a big deal to start to reach out , so congratulations for taking that brave step! I hope you will find us a supportive community where you will be heard and validated. I think many can understand the feelings you have.  It's wonderful that you are pursuing becoming a counselor, and personally I don't think you should worry about being 'fully healed' I think being  'in process' is more than good enough!  Are any of them fully healed? probably not!  You might want to check out the 'Therapy' section here for lots of interesting discussions about what we call 'T' .  I've learned a lot about T from that forum.

:notalone:

Hi silent,

Thank you for your kind words and encouragement! You're right, counselors are human so many are not fully healed I'm sure. It's a process and I'm happy to be considered in the process of healing. I will check out that forum to learn more information about T. I was considering going to therapy, but I'm not sure how a counselor in training goes to counseling lol. I'll have to look more into this. Thank you again 

Hi and welcome, Jessica! Hope you feel comfortable here. By the way, I have the same career goal. One day we will be great counselors :) 

On 6/14/2018 at 6:04 PM, fallenstar said:

Hi and welcome, Jessica! Hope you feel comfortable here. By the way, I have the same career goal. One day we will be great counselors :) 

Hello :) I'm starting to feel comfortable here, I'm learning a lot about the pain I've held onto for so long by myself. And that we will, I wish you best in your career journey :)

Hi Jessica, welcome to AS. Sorry for what you went through 3 years ago its hard when friends and loved ones weigh in on it and make it worse. I too went through a time of trying to ignore what had happened it worked for a while and it was so scary to finally talk about it and hard to finally seek support. AS is a wonderful place full of supportive and caring people great advice a place to vent cry and truely heal. Its brave to share what you shared here and a huge step in the right direction. Anniversaries are hard so I hope I'm not to late to offer a safe hug if its ok and some support to help you through. Looking forward to seeing you grow and heal with us here.

Hi Jessica, 

Welcome to AS, I am so sorry to hear about what you went through three years ago it is a horrible and terrible thing that you shouldn't have had to experience, I hope that you can take great comfort in knowing that this is a safe and open place and everyone is very supportive here, it has helped me a great deal in my healing process alone. I wish you the best in yours, and if you need anything you can always message me,  im sitting with you and sending safe hugs your way if that's okay.