Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

My name is Michelle. I am a survivor of sexual assult and rape over a long period of time. I am married with no children unless you count 4 legged kids. We have 4 dogs, 3 cats, a snake, and 2 goats. I love animals of any kind. I love to lay on the couch with my husband and watch tv.

3 hours ago, Missybales16 said:

Hello

My name is Michelle. I am a survivor of sexual assult and rape over a long period of time. I am married with no children unless you count 4 legged kids. We have 4 dogs, 3 cats, a snake, and 2 goats. I love animals of any kind. I love to lay on the couch with my husband and watch tv.

Welcome Michelle to AS! I am truly sorry for what you’ve endured.  Very brave of you to join us here.  Please take your time and look around.  You will find everyone here are friendly and very supportive.  Best wishes on your healing journey. 

PB

Welcome to AS Michelle, so glad you found this site everyone is very nice and supportive, I'm sure you will find it very useful as I have. Also what kind of dogs do you have? I am a huge animal love myself as well. 

Hi Michelle!  Welcome to AS.  I'm glad you have all those animals to help you.  I hope you find another community here too.  I think you will.

6 hours ago, Missybales16 said:

Hello

Hi Michelle,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have endured, but you have found a very supportive site. Our members are understanding and kind. Many of us find comfort with our fur-friends...tho a snake has no fur. I guess that is your scaly-friend. :)  We have a Pet Pictures! thread, if you like to share or just view some of the great animal friends we all have. I'll place the tread below. I wish you well on your journey of healing.

Mary

:aswelcomesu:

http://www.aftersilence.org/forum/index.php?/topic/4987-pet-pictures/&page=36

Edited by MeBeMary

The snake was a package deal when I married my husband. He had got her before he met me. She is a 6ft albino corn snake. She is a sweetheart. As for the dogs, we have a pit, zeus, a red heeler, Eric, a beagle mix, Sandy, and a chow mix, sassy. 

The weeler is my PTSD and diabetic service dog. When i have a flashback, Eric is the only thing that will bring me out of it. I have type 2 diabetes but am hypoglycemic. Eric can tell if my blood sugar is getting low and guide me to sit down .

The goats were a gift from my husband. On our one year anniversary, we went out and found the goat I had bottle feed passed away. My husband went and bought me twin brothers.

4 hours ago, Missybales16 said:

The weeler is my PTSD and diabetic service dog. When i have a flashback, Eric is the only thing that will bring me out of it. I have type 2 diabetes but am hypoglycemic. Eric can tell if my blood sugar is getting low and guide me to sit down .

Wow! This is great! My mother has diabetes, I kind of know how it's like, and it's so wonderful that Eric can notice when your blood sugar levels are lowering and help you!

Eric is my buddy. He goes everywhere I go except work because some people I work with has severe allergies. 

When I got him, he showed it naturally so I went through the classes to have him certified as a service dog. My husband helped me train him for different situations. 

I am type 2 diabetic but my blood sugar is always low. So I am hypoglycemic. My blood sugar can always drop so I carry something sweet with me at all times. I am also insulin resistant so if I ever had to take insulin, my body would not use it.

Hi and welcome at AS Michelle! I'm sorry for what you went through. It's nice to hear you have a good family with your husband and your animals. That's really awesome to hear about Eric! :) Glad to know you have worked out a plan to keep your diabetes in check. Hope you find what you're looking for here at this forum. :supportu:

This is my husband and I on our wedding day. Monday we will be married 2 years. In November we will be together 3 years. 

We have been through some rough times but we are always there to support each other. When i am having an mental problem from my abuse, he is my rock. The one that I can count on being there when I need him. He is really protective of me. He wants to call my dad out for not protecting me from the abuse. 

FB_IMG_1526043300128.jpg

Hello Michelle and welcome to AS!  That is a gorgeous wedding picture and an even better looking couple. :)  It is so nice to meet you, although I'm sorry it is under these circumstances.

I hope that being here brings you some comfort!

Best wishes,
Capulet

It is. Just finding out that I am not the only one who is doing the same things that I am, is helping me and being able to talk about it without having to worry if my husband is going to kill him or not. I told him one part and he grabbed his keys and started out the door but I stopped him. I told him the vet would just deny it and he told me that he would be denying it laying in his own blood. I never told my husband that the vet raped me but he has came to his own idea about that.