Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Nervous but Ready to Heal

Hello, I’m 18 and I am new here. I am super nervous because for years I’ve kept myself and my feelings as bottled up as possible. I hope I can find something here to help me cope with it all and get on with my life. Good luck to everyone too.

Hi @jessibear, and welcome to our AS community.  Many of us understand feeling nervous!  Especially when it comes to un-bottling those feelings and talking or thinking about hurtful things.  You have found a supportive place here, where you can be heard and believed and validated. please take your time to have a look around,  and feel free to share as much or as little as you choose.  :notalone:

Welcome to AS @jessibear, you are showing much courage in joining and posting. The community here is supportive and non judgemental. Wishing you all the best on your healing journey. 

Hey @jessibear welcome to AS. Sorry you have a reason to be here also sorry you bottled it up for so long. Your not a lone. So young and so brave. 

10 hours ago, jessibear said:

Hello, I’m 18 and I am new here. I am super nervous because for years I’ve kept myself and my feelings as bottled up as possible. I hope I can find something here to help me cope with it all and get on with my life. Good luck to everyone too.

Hi jessibear,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for all you have endured. Many of us understand keeping everything bottled up, as we are or have been there. It's not easy to face the struggles we have, but attempting to is a very big step forward. You will find kind-hearted and supportive members here. You are not alone. You have taken a big step reaching out, and I hope many more forward steps are to follow.

Mary

:youcanheal:

On 22/05/2018 at 1:00 PM, jessibear said:

Hi jessibear, welcome to AS. We all feel nervous when we first come here. But you will soon learn you aren't alone here. Take your time looking over the site. 

Patricia 

Welcome @jessibear There are many topics here that are helpful in coping in healthy ways and healing. Hope you will find something that will resonate with you. I wish you the best.