Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Lost forever

This is really hard so congrats to those who have posted.Im 37 and know nothing else but struggle. I have a lot of hobbies and work as a housekeeper for the time being. I hope this forum can help find some light. Good luck to everyone.

Hi @Rudolf,

Welcome to AS, although I am sorry to hear you have had to struggle for so long. I hope you find this place a supportive community to help you heal. It is a big step to come here and make your first posts so congrats to you as well!  I wish you the best in your healing.

:notalone:

Hello Rudolf and welcome to AS!  

For what it is worth, I don't think you're lost forever - I think you are, for now, just temporarily misplaced.  It happens to all of us and I do believe that there is certainly plenty of clarity to be gained from being surrounded and supported by other currently or formerly 'misplaced' folks who are/were in the same boat.  

I hope that being here illuminates your way, some and you are able to find peace!

Silent is correct - it was a big step to register and then to post.  Congratulations to you for taking that very courageous leap into your healing journey!

See you around!
Capulet

9 hours ago, Rudolf said:

This is really hard so congrats to those who have posted.Im 37 and know nothing else but struggle. I have a lot of hobbies and work as a housekeeper for the time being. I hope this forum can help find some light. Good luck to everyone.

Welcome @Rudolf! I don't think your lost forever even though it may seem that way. I know its taken a long time for me to rediscover myself I was so beat up and pushed down I didn't recognise who I was anymore when I finally got help and support, and though its a struggle some days it helps to know this site is here and full of supportive kind and caring people that are at all walks of the healing journey ready to help or listen or even tell me there story so I feel less alone. I'm a bit younger then you but I hid in silence for about 9 or 10 years. It was hard for me to join, so I am proud to welcome you to AS and want to point out how brave you really are.

One

Hi Rudolf,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you experienced and the struggles you face. Do know you have found a very supportive site with many understanding and kind members. Reaching out is a big step and I wish you many more on this healing journey.

Mary

:notalone: